Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

A Chye 85x85 Image... With Pikachu

Admire the wonderful works of artists among us and all over!

A Chye 85x85 Image... With Pikachu

Postby Chuey » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:47 pm

Well, for some reason I like making pictures that go by a base 85x85 pixel standard, I don't know why. It's when I made an avatar for the Hacker Event, I went with 85x85. When I made more monster icons, I stuck with 85x85. Now I've gone beyond random monsters to... PIKACHU.

I was at my cousin's house today, so I decided to open paint and draw a Pikachu. I found making any of it kind of hard since the mouse was weird for me and the keyboard's keys were smaller (but that affected using the internet more, really). But I started drawing a Pikachu. The above picture was my final result at their house, but I made sure to save. I deleted it a few minutes later, so it'd be gone, off their computer. (by delete I mean from their recycling bin too) But I uploaded it to Tinypic and wrote down the URL before bidding goodbye to my cousin (Jeff/Pika wasn't home, BTW; Kevin was)... and the unfinished Pikachu. Unfinished? Well... yeah, it was unfinished.

The mouth was really bothering me, so I made it smile. Not too hard. Then I drew two lightning bolts and quickly shaded them in (it's hard to see unless you really look close, and I mean in x8 or more close-up view; you can hardly tell in Paint unless you paint over a color completely to notice only part of it goes away) since this is Pikachu. Now, in my monster 85x85s, I'd just use one color as a background and go from light to dark in any preferred direction. This time, I thought I would try to expand. I made the ground, which is purple. For some reason, I think of the ground to be dark, kind of purple, during storms, tornados, and the like. Just how I picture it in my mind. So I was set on making it a tornado scene with a happy Pikachu.

I then used a gray going from dark to way darker (going up) for the sky, and I finished the background. In another Paint window I made a cloud, but it was kinda big. Then I tried something quick in the Pikachu window with a tornado, but brief. I undid it all. I then made a simple tornado in the other window and easily placed it in. I then drew up another cloud, but smaller. I also colored it better. I drew in a tiny lightning bolt and copied it. I pasted it above Pikachu, then flipped it and pasted it again to its right in the background.

So, I spent plenty of time on this simple, Pikachu-tastic drawing. But I'm proud of my work and glad I took a few steps beyond my previous standing with Paint.
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey

Have thanks: 9 time
Highscores: 24

Re: A Chye 85x85 Image... With Pikachu

Postby NoCompz43 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:35 pm

I like it. The final product reminds me of The Scream painting for some reason...
Image Image

It takes less than 10 notes to impress someone, more than a million to be remembered.
NoCompz43
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Have thanks: 1 time
Highscores: 1

Postby Calico_Lover » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:00 pm

Oh look it's the typical Pikachu computer.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Calico_Lover
Administrator
Administrator

Have thanks: 6 time
Highscores: 26

Postby Star125 » Tue May 19, 2015 1:33 pm

You are an amazing artist

Spoiler:

(5th gen Pokemon)