Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

Adult or Juvenile

The deepest conversations are moving, inspired, and sometimes touchy. Take a break from the bustling world for a minute and speak from the heart.

Adult or Juvenile

Postby Calico_Lover » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:36 pm

Sometime last year an 11 year old kid shot and killed his dad's girlfriend and her unborn baby. When this happened the police found out that he knew exactly what he was doing, so the usual child-gun excuse doesn't work here. Right now they're deciding whether to try him as an adult or juvenile.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/new ... etail.html

If tried as an adult and convicted he would spend life in prison. If tried as a juvenile and convicted, this is wiped off his record when he turns 21.

So what do you think?
ImageImageImage
Calico_Lover
Administrator
Administrator

Have thanks: 6 time
Highscores: 26

Re: Adult or Juvenile

Postby Roboryantron » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:41 pm

I'm pretty sure you posted that last year actually. And he should be tried as an adult, he killed 2 people, let him rot in jail.
Roboryantron
Treecko
Treecko

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby Luigi_Freak_The_23rd » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:50 pm

Part of me wants to say to send him to jail until he's 21, since he's so young and it could be a "phase" he's going through, in 10 years he could have learned his lesson and try to change and stuff like that. But seriously, even if he wasn't getting attention, killing is just... thnqtehn

So I dunno.
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd wrote:Poor Watermelon gods couldn't didn't see it coming

Image NS:|
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd
Wendell
Wendell

Have thanks: 5 time
Highscores: 11

Postby AlakazamBrain » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:51 pm

I disagree, the kid has no idea what he is doing. To understand that he killed his dad's girlfriend (and unborn baby... fine) is one thing. To comprehend the complexity of all the people that would be affected, the nature of the action, and every last consequence... I doubt this twelve-year-old knew "exactly what he was doing."

He is a juvenile. He should be tried as one. I'm really not sure where this new movement is coming from that kids have all the responsibilities of adults, but all the rights of two-year-olds. The movement is absurd. Laws to try children as children are in place for cases like this.

Having said that, there is definitely something wrong with a system that would have a situation like this erased as if nothing happened. Something did happen and unfortunately nothing will ever change that. Same should apply to the child's record.
Chuey wrote:I know you enjoy screwing with me. >_>

AlakazamBrain
Jack
Jack

Have thanks: 4 time
Highscores: 22

Postby Chuey » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:42 pm

Thought about this over; I think the kid should get trialed as an adult. There are special laws for trying juveniles, but I think that when there's murder, there's murder. You don't do it. Oh no, the poor boy stole a few hundred dollars from a bank. Sure, pretty valuable in a cash crunch that will go on for many more years in America (compared to years in the past), but you will never find the true value of a person's life. It's priceless. If the kid did something lesser than murder, fine. But he didn't and I feel he should be given the iron heel outta that town.
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey

Have thanks: 9 time
Highscores: 24

Return to The Fireplace