Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

Final Fantasy 7 Review

There are many superb games that are not made by Nintendo. Share your experiences with them here!

Final Fantasy 7 Review

Postby Luigi_Freak_The_23rd » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:57 pm

Imma completely copy Chuey's tips :D:

Final Fantasy 7

•Story

10/10

Holy freaking cow where do I start, I still don't know some parts of this game it's so confusing. But once you understand the basic story, your brain starts to think way back in the beining of the game to think "Wait, is that what really happened?"

Anyway, Final Fantasy 7'a story centers on the powerful megacorporation Shinra, which is draining the life of the planet to use as an energy source. The main character, Cloud Strife, who used to be in Shinra (1st class SOLDIER), joins with several others in a group called AVALANCHE to stop Shinra. As the story evolves, the primary antagonist, Sephiroth, develops a plan to summon a meteor with the intention of obliterating the planet.

Play the game and see what happens, I don't wanna spoil anything (For those who haven't played it)

•Graphics

5/10

Ok look, this was the first 3D FF game, and back when FF7 was released, people though these graphics were really good, in fact, my brother (Not LaTerry) when he first played it, he though it looked "SO REAL!!!!!11oneoneoneshift1"

But now... yuck! seriously, that same brother says he doesn't want to play the game because he doesn't want his eyes to hurt. The Graphics are so bad, I can count Cloud's polygons (There's about 25 of them :D: )

The graphics get better when in combat though, you can see a few polygons still, but it is better.

And when it's this big movie deal, it's like it almost as good as when your in gameplay in a PS2 game (but not really). Cut-scene graphics are about 10 times better then regular gameplay graphics though.

But graphics don't make a game, c'mon :D:

•Music

10/10

Have you heard this SoundTrack!? It is freaking amazing! Nobuo Uematsu did FF7's music so perfectly ( :D: ) and so well done that... that... look, I'm pretty sure it won some sort of award in Japan. It caused me to get LaTerry's SoundTrack and put it on my iPod :D: The music puts you in the mood for certain things. A scary part would have some scary music (Or somewhat scary), Victory Theme for when you win a battle, and the Last Boss would have super freaking kick-awesome music.

•Replay Value

8/10

After I played this the first time, I was really confused, I played it a second time a couple of weeks later to understand the story better. Now I play FF7 once every summer. I love this game so much, but not enough to start right over after you just barely beat it. This IS the exact same game over and over if you play it that much. I play it every summer because I forget easly, and I don't want to forget the story (because of how complexed it is), and it is fun to just play it because it has clever dialog.

•Controls/Gameplay

8/10

it's just the D-Pad really :D:

Works really well, but it's kinda hard to get used to becuae I think this is the only FF game that use "O" for "OK" and "X" for "Cancel"

The battle system gets repetitive after a while.

•Should I Purchase This Game?

YES, Find it on Ebay or something!!!!

•Overall Rating

9/10

Let me start and say, I've never played a perfect game before. Every game, there's always I boring part, and/or a part I don't like. The begining of this game (First hour) somewhat bores me, and I don't really like the submarine part. But those are really the only parts. FF7 is my favorite game almost mainly by story, I like the Gameplay and the Music (Another part), but if it weren't for the Story, it would just be another game to me.
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd wrote:Poor Watermelon gods couldn't didn't see it coming

Image NS:|
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd
Wendell
Wendell

Have thanks: 5 time
Highscores: 11

Postby Darkbuster13 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:10 pm

Good Review. One thing irks me though, the graphics part. You seemed to rate it due to today's graphical expectations. I would have rated it for how good it looked for a PS1 game, instead of competing it against todays powerhouse graphics. Just my opinion.
"Those are some nice BOWLING SHOES." -President Obama

"La risa que procede de leve causa es tontería."
Darkbuster13
Tingle
Tingle

Have thanks: 6 time
Highscores: 24

Postby Luigi_Freak_The_23rd » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:17 pm

When comparing to something like Tecken, cut-scenes in FF7 are about the same as when fighting in Teckon

Luigi_Freak_The_23rd
Wendell
Wendell

Re: Final Fantasy 7 Review

Postby Luigi_Freak_The_23rd » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:34 pm

This is the GREATEST REVIEW EVER WRITTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luigi_Freak_The_23rd
Wendell
Wendell

Re: Final Fantasy 7 Review

Postby Darkbuster13 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:42 pm

Graphics? LET'S ASK SAMMY SOSA

"Those are some nice BOWLING SHOES." -President Obama

"La risa que procede de leve causa es tontería."