Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

League of Legends

There are many superb games that are not made by Nintendo. Share your experiences with them here!

League of Legends

Postby Registeel_Rules » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:08 am

League of Legends is a free to download online game that is based off of the award winning Defence of the Ancients map in warcraft 3.

League of Legends

The main difference between the two is that League of Legends is its own program thus meaning it isn't limited by the warcraft 3 engine and can introduce new features that you can adjust your character with outside of each "game".

For those who don't know what DotA(Defence of the Ancients) is, it is a game which has created a new genre of gaming (MOBA) and uses a rts like interface, where you only control one Hero/Champion (in a 5v5 game) and use it against other players to eventually destroy the opposing team's base while gaining levels and gear along the way.

Now, while some may say the character's are stale with 4 spells/moves locked in, thus limiting fun, but on the contrary; with all of the items that are in the game there are several ways to build/play each hero.

Now, for those who wish to know a bit more, LoL (League of Legends) uses a point system to buy new heroes and runes, which you place outside of each game to increase certain stats of your champion slightly, and also to keep goals for overall playing. That was one thing that i found DotA lacking in, a lack of goals; while in LoL you can set goals to get a certain amount of points to unlock a hero.

Another intresting feature of LoL is its Summoner concept. In general, your account is your "summoner." as you progress through playing your summoner gains levels to unlock more rune slots, and more summoner spells.
Before you start each game you choose two summoner spells out of nearly a dozen to reinforce your character and to add a bit of uniqueness to your character, some of these spells can heal allies, deal damage, slow enemys, and more things.

This game is however, kind of hard to explain as it is quite complex, (But much simpler to understand once you've played) so I will just list the Pros and Cons of League of Legends against DotA.

-~Pros
Free; Optional payments don't give any real ingame bonuses.
Can be downloaded for free
Has a company working and balancing it.
Has its own Client making a smooth interface and fast queues, (get in a game after about 30 second wait)
More Hero customizabilty thanks to Runes, Masteries, and Summoner Spells
Games can be surrendered at 25 minutes in.

~-Cons
can't be ran on older computers
PC only
Currently has only 1 mode
Less heroes than dota, but still plenty.

Anyway guys, i just wanted to make a post, say hi.
You'll see me for the next week or so I'm sure, anyway; if you're intrested let me know.
Last edited by Registeel_Rules on Mon May 17, 2010 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop laughing! I am evil!" -Veigar, the Tiny Master of Evil

Registeel_Rules
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Have thanks: 1 time

Re: RR's usual recruitment attempt

Postby Chuey » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:53 am

Sorry, the only MMO I plan on playing is Maple. Besides, Runescape and WoW-like games don't interest me.

See ya in 6 months.
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey

Have thanks: 9 time
Highscores: 24

Postby GigaMetroid99 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:57 pm

My computer can barely handle a detailed Linerider level. o-o I think I'll pass on this one.
Image Image

Image <-- Counterfeit Zapdos Doll

Luigi_Freak_the_23rd wrote:Because Black and White together is Grey right? Educate;

Just like how Red and Blue make Yellow

And how Gold and Silver make Crystal

And how Ruby and Sapphire make Emerald

And how Diamond and Pear make Platinum Educate;
GigaMetroid99
Wendell
Wendell

Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 6

Postby Weriik » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:56 am

Chuey wrote:Sorry, the only MMO I plan on playing is Maple. Besides, Runescape and WoW-like games don't interest me.

See ya in 6 months.

DoTA is nothing like WoW, Infact I hate it, it ruined Warcraft 3 for awesome games like Kodo Tag and Island Defense, sure it uses Warcraft 3 models (which is an RTS game btw) but dang Leage of Legends, or LOL is just LOL worthy.
ImageImage
Weriik
Treecko
Treecko

Have thanks: 2 time

League of Legends

Postby Registeel_Rules » Mon May 17, 2010 2:56 pm

TF, I honestly must say that I have been pretty much playing nothing but Kodo Tag and Island Defense lately... (Mostly because kodo tag is the only wc3 map my friend's laptop can run well)

But w/e I'm still playing League of Legends, much better than DotA is.

Also here's a decent video of it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKELNvyC4bg
Part two of 4 in one game, its typical midgame.
"Stop laughing! I am evil!" -Veigar, the Tiny Master of Evil

Registeel_Rules
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Have thanks: 1 time

Re: League of Legends

Postby Darkbuster13 » Sat May 23, 2015 9:02 pm

This game seems terrible no one will ever play this.
"Those are some nice BOWLING SHOES." -President Obama

"La risa que procede de leve causa es tontería."
Darkbuster13
Tingle
Tingle

Have thanks: 6 time
Highscores: 24

Return to Non-Nintendo Discussion