Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

Maplestory: Official Discussion Thread

There are many superb games that are not made by Nintendo. Share your experiences with them here!

Maplestory: Official Discussion Thread

Postby LegacyStrike » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:45 am

What is MapleStory?
MapleStory (Korean: 메이플스토리) is a free-of-charge, 2D, side-scrolling Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game developed by the Korean company Wizet. Several versions of the game are available for specific countries or regions, and each is published by various companies such as Wizet and Nexon. Although playing the game is free, many player appearances and gameplay enhancements can be purchased from the "Cash Shop" using real money. MapleStory has a combined total of over 50 million subscriber accounts in all of its versions.[2][3] MapleStory North America (Global), for players mainly in North America and outside of East Asia, Southeast Asia and Europe, has over three million players.[2]

In the game, players walk around in the "Maple World" and defeat monsters and develop their character's skills and abilities, as in typical role-playing games. Players can interact with others in many ways, such as through chatting, trading, and playing minigames. Groups of players can band together in parties to hunt monsters and share the rewards. Players can also band in a guild to interact more easily with each other.

Why we should have a clan?
One reason I quit MapleStory was lack of people to talk to. I was alone most of the time but it is much more enjoyable with friends. It would be alot of fun for this community.

For more information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MapleStory[/font]
Last edited by LegacyStrike on Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LegacyStrike
Mudkip
Mudkip

Have thanks: 1 time
Highscores: 1

Postby Dragonblader1 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:46 am

I tried joining a long time ago but my e-mail address is too long :D:
Dragonblader1
Tingle
Tingle

Postby LegacyStrike » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:48 am

Dragonblader1 wrote:I tried joining a long time ago but my e-mail address is too long :D:
[font=Lucida Console]Maybe you should get a shorter email. Educate; [/font]
LegacyStrike
Mudkip
Mudkip

Postby Dragonblader1 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:54 am

It fit the first one but for some reason it was 1 letter longer than the second one. They suck for having 2 different lengths.
Dragonblader1
Tingle
Tingle

Postby Darkbuster13 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:58 am

I actually have a MapleStory account, but I haven't been on in ages. Probobly because I know there is one of those long updates for patches and stuff waiting for me. Those things terrify me. :D:
"Those are some nice BOWLING SHOES." -President Obama

"La risa que procede de leve causa es tontería."
Darkbuster13
Tingle
Tingle

Have thanks: 6 time
Highscores: 24

Postby eeveebro10 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:43 am

Did you guys know i have a maple story account?
If you want to add me to your friends I am Eeveebro
eeveebro10
Gamecube
Gamecube

Postby LegacyStrike » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:03 am

eeveebro10 wrote:Did you guys know i have a maple story account?
If you want to add me to your friends I am Eeveebro
[font=Lucida Console]What server?[/font]
LegacyStrike
Mudkip
Mudkip

Postby PHOENIXBLAST » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:07 am

I think I remember my information for that, but I voted no. If we got people back into Maplestory it will bring the forum activity down, so I voted that we should just play it for an hour or so (longer too, I guess) on a weekend, that way it brings down forum activity for a short period of time instead of a long time. Thats just my opinion but feel free to take it into consideration.
ImageImageImage
PHOENIXBLAST
K.K. Slider
K.K. Slider

Postby LegacyStrike » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:14 am

PHOENIXBLAST wrote:I think I remember my information for that, but I voted no. If we got people back into Maplestory it will bring the forum activity down, so I voted that we should just play it for an hour or so (longer too, I guess) on a weekend, that way it brings down forum activity for a short period of time instead of a long time. Thats just my opinion but feel free to take it into consideration.
[font=Lucida Console]No, I like that idea. A hour or so isn't that bad. It even gives a reminder to when an hour is up.[/font]
LegacyStrike
Mudkip
Mudkip

Postby LegacyStrike » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:30 am

[font=Lucida Console]I'm setting up an account and going to go through the tutorials, would anyone like to join me??[/font]
LegacyStrike
Mudkip
Mudkip

Next

Return to Non-Nintendo Discussion