Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

Pikmin 1 speed run

From saving princesses to creating a town, the Nintendo world has much to offer!

Pikmin 1 speed run

Postby Storm39 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:20 pm

Recently, Chuey and I decided to do a speed run/race through Pikmin 1. Although we've decided to do each day at the same time, anyone else is welcome to join in and do it at their own pace. Just reply to this thread, and edit it with the day you just completed, and which parts you got in that day.

Day 1
Engine
Red Pikmin found

Day 2
Eternal Fuel Dynamo
Whimsical Radar
Yellow Pikmin found

Day 3
Extraordinary Bolt
Nova Blaster

Day 4
Automatic Gear
Space Float
Blue Pikmin found

Day 5
#1 Ionium Jet

Day 6
Anti-Dioxin Filter
Analog Computer
Libra

Day 7
Positron Generator

Impact Site complete

Day 8
Gravity Jumper
Omega Stabilizer
Guard Satellite

Forest Navel complete

Day 9
Sagittarius
Shock Absorber
Geiger Counter
Radiation Canopy

Forest of Hope complete

Day 10
Gluon Drive

Day 11
Massage Chair
Interstellar Radio
Repair-Type Bolt

Day 12
Zirconium Rotor
Pilot's Seat

Day 13
UV Lamp
#2 Ionium Jet

Day 14
Bowsprit
Chronos Reactor

Distant Spring completed

Day 15
Secret Safe

Final Trial completed

Clear Time: 15 Days
Storm39
Tingle
Tingle

Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 3

Re: Pikmin 1 speed run

Postby Chuey » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:44 pm

Alright, I'm 10 days through the game. May as well update. I've been doing far better than ANY of my old playthroughs, and I've got 398 Pikmin. I never had this many Flower Pikmin either.

Spoiler:
Day 1
-Main Engine

Day 2
-Eternal Fuel Dynamo

Day 3
-Extraordinary Bolt
-Shock Absorber
-Nova Blaster
-Whimsical Radar

Day 4
-Automatic Gear

Day 5
-#1 Ionium Jet
-Analog Computer
-Libra
-Space Float

Day 6
-Anti-Dioxin Filter
-Gravity Jumper

Day 7
-Omega Stabilizer
-Guard Satellite

Day 8
-Geiger Conter

Day 9
-Sagittarius
-Radiation Canopy

Day 10
-Positron Generator
On Day 6 I could have gotten the stabilizer but I ran out of time. So getting it was really quick on Day 7. I killed Beady Long Legs in like 30 seconds too with ~50 Yellow Pikmin, so I had a ton of time to kill and grow more Pikmin, as well as make many Flowers. On Days 2 and 4 I only got one part because I was making preparations; mostly killing enemies to ease the next day, grow more Pikmin, and other stuff. Day 8 I killed all of the enemies on the way to the snagret to make many more Blue Pikmin possible. Then the snagret and finishing the bridge, which I somewhat started a few days before to have wrecked by the bugs, took the rest of the day. And Day 9 was mostly about the beetle and growing more Pikmin, since I had tons of leftover time again. Making great progress and the lake might actually go faster than it usually does for me. Who knows. I'm pretty sure my record is 23 or 24 days. I'm positive I can beat that.
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey

Have thanks: 9 time
Highscores: 24

Postby Storm39 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:20 am

I just completed the Final Trial, with about 45 Pikmin left after the Emperor Bulblax battle, which took about four fifths of the day. My new record is 15 days, which I'm very pleased with, considering I was expecting to finish in about 18-20. If anyone cares, here's some tips on how I did this. If anyone has some better methods, I'd like to hear them, since I plan on trying to beat this record sometime (13-14 days will probably be my new goal).

-Always, ALWAYS multitask. Waiting for a wall to get torn down? Go gather another squad and clear out a route leading to another part. Standing there watching a bridge get built? Take a group of yellow Pikmin and go bomb a wall. Do this, and you can easily average 2-3 parts a day, maybe 4 in some cases.

-Don't waste time growing Pikmin. If you have 40-50 of each type of Pikmin, and you don't suck at the game, you're good. Growing Pikmin takes time, and should only be done when you've got spare time after finishing an area, or when you're nearly out of Pikmin.

-If there's only 4 or less parts left in an area, you can probably finish it in one day (unless it's the Distant Spring) if you multitasked like I told you to several seconds ago.

-It may not seem like a big deal, but strategically planning your second visit to the Impact Site is important. It's sort of like a rest stop. Clearing it will probably take only a fourth of the day, and you can spend the rest of the day rebuilding your army with the 50-pikmin pearls from the clams, and the very large pellets laying around.

-Contrary to what most guides will tell you, you CAN finish the Final Trial in one day.

-Use the unconventional method to beat the Emperor Bulblax: Use reds to chip away at his health, then feed him as many bomb rock-wielding yellow pikmin as you can rather than using them to stun him.
Storm39
Tingle
Tingle

Highscores: 3

Postby Chuey » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:44 am

You can finish the Final Trial in a day? I ought to try that, because then I can tie your record. Otherwise I'll likely beat Pikmin in 16 days, which is a major new record for me personally. All these tips are old, though last night while I failed to fall asleep multiple times I began to strategize for another speed run. Anyway, I'm doing awesome at the Distant Spring and I'll be at the Final Trial for Day 15. If I can somehow beat it in a day then I know for 100% sure I will beat this record with new ideas next time. Even if I take Day 16 to do so, where I have killed it and gotten the safe back in one day. So we're definitely speed-running again.

It seems I'm owning you at Distant Spring, sorry. 6 parts in two days there so far. Plan to get two more on 13 and 14 each.

Day 11
-Massage Machine
-Interstellar Radio
-Gluon Drive

Day 12
-Zirconium Rotor
-Pilot's Seat
-Repair-type Bolt

Don't ask how I got the Gluon Drive on Day 11. There were 5 seconds left till lift-off when it pulled in. xD
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey

Postby GigaMetroid99 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:54 am

Whenever I try to multitask, it always ends up like this. And I do suck at the game, pretty badly, hence why I get lots of Pikmin.
Image Image

Image <-- Counterfeit Zapdos Doll

Luigi_Freak_the_23rd wrote:Because Black and White together is Grey right? Educate;

Just like how Red and Blue make Yellow

And how Gold and Silver make Crystal

And how Ruby and Sapphire make Emerald

And how Diamond and Pear make Platinum Educate;
GigaMetroid99
Wendell
Wendell

Highscores: 6

Postby Chuey » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:36 am

I finished the Final Trial in a single day. Totaling 15 days. ...I knew I wouldn't beat Storm... but I did JUST AS GOOD NS:)

Day 13
-Bowsprit
-#2 Ionium Jet

Day 14
-Chronos Reactor
-UV Lamp

Day 15
-Secret Safe

Day 14 was a lot of fun. Last two parts were wicked easy to get so I had more than half the day to lose 5 Pikmin to the Smokey Progg and get 100 back. Day 15 was difficult but I managed it with a little less than 25% of the day left. But based on this entire run, which was really fun, I know I can beat that. Storm, let's do this again. But maybe race at the same time? Also, based on the record screen, I beat all my records. My best day record also happened to be 21, shockingly. My"total pikmin lost record" ended up being 437. Beat my record of 712. :D: Also, my total surviving record of 503 beat my 491. Nice job me. :D:
Last edited by Chuey on Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected records.
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey

Return to Nintendo Discussion