Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

Nintendo to skip DS2, goes straight to 3.

From saving princesses to creating a town, the Nintendo world has much to offer!

Nintendo to skip DS2, goes straight to 3.

Postby Darkbuster13 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:35 pm

I'd tell you what that means, but that's what the internet is for.

http://ds.nintendolife.com/news/2010/03 ... _3d_gaming
"Those are some nice BOWLING SHOES." -President Obama

"La risa que procede de leve causa es tontería."
Darkbuster13
Tingle
Tingle

Have thanks: 6 time
Highscores: 24

Re: Nintendo to skip DS2, goes straight to 3.

Postby Luigi_Freak_The_23rd » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:32 pm

... I don't know what to think honestly. It sounds cool and all, I think I'm just tired of gimmicks in gaming consoles. I just want the next handheld to have better graphics, honestly.
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd wrote:Poor Watermelon gods couldn't didn't see it coming

Image NS:|
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd
Wendell
Wendell

Have thanks: 5 time
Highscores: 11

Postby Roboryantron » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:39 pm

How on earth will this work? Seems like a pretty cool idea, but I agree with LF, I'd rather have better graphics.
Roboryantron
Treecko
Treecko

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby Chuey » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:23 pm

Read about this on Serebii a few days ago.

Really, I don't care. It's gonna be the fifth DS. It's just a waste of money to keep updating so stick with one and forget about it. Really, they think they can fool people over with tiny little upgrades but hey, the DSi has a way to update like the Wii. Just freaking update the DSi, you're not going to get THAT much more money compared to the DS or even DS Lite's sales.
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey

Have thanks: 9 time
Highscores: 24

Postby Calico_Lover » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:14 pm

Chuey wrote:Really, they think they can fool people over with tiny little upgrades

They do.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Calico_Lover
Administrator
Administrator

Have thanks: 6 time
Highscores: 26

Postby Storm39 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:36 pm

This doesn't necessarily mean that the won't upgrade the actual graphics as well...
Storm39
Tingle
Tingle

Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 3

Postby AlakazamBrain » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:36 pm

What's wrong with you people? Honestly...

Two things to say. One I'll put in spoilers as it is less important.

Spoiler:
First off, the sequence. Technology proceeds in an evolution/revolution cycle. What does this mean? It means an idea is developed, perfected, then brilliant new ideas are added. In short, technology evolves, then revolutionizes. Don't believe me... look at what has happened with Nintendo systems (excluding redesigns).

NES ---evolution--> SNES ---revolution--> N64 ---evolution--> GCN ---revolution--> Wii
Gameboy ---revolution (imo)--> Gameboy Color ---evolution--> GBA ---revolution--> DS

In short, this generation is perfecting the technology made standard by the DS.

Nintendo took a risk that paid off with the DS. The DS is simply the best selling gaming system of all time! Let's face it, everyone has one. You can talk to so many people, and chances are, they will own a DS. The DS has the power to process 3D graphics, use a touch screen, wirelessly communicate, connect to the Internet, process input from the microphone, and, of course, use two screens. Everything I mentioned here truly is new to a handheld gaming system (without additional accessories).

Of course the 3DS will not be as revolutionary as the DS was. The 3DS will be designed to accompany today's technology standards. This includes stereoscopic images; this includes WPA (many people complained about this own); this includes the movement for cloud computing; this includes greater processing and communication.

It WILL have stronger processing power; it will have better graphics; it will be more user friendly.

Two final notes. When the DS and PSP were announced, many so-called *coughliveswiththeirmominthebasementandweighsthreehundredpoundscough* video game experts predicted the PSP would surpass the DS drastically, possibly completely taking over Nintendo's strength in the video game market. We all know this was not the case.

Final note: Chances are, we will all buy this system, and we will love it. We aren't about to throw out our old DSs any time soon, but we will be waiting in line to get this one. Also, if you recently bought a DSi, dude, you knew this was coming.

Final final note: Note to quite a few of you: Is all you really want better graphics? Would you go out today and spend $40 on Super Mario Bros. if it meant it were graphics of the level of New Super Mario Bros. Wii? Probably not.

Final final final note: The DS is way overdue for being replaced. Handhelds are usually replaced within 3 years. The DS is going on its fifth!
Chuey wrote:I know you enjoy screwing with me. >_>

AlakazamBrain
Jack
Jack

Have thanks: 4 time
Highscores: 22

Postby Luigi_Freak_The_23rd » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:19 pm

AlakazamBrain wrote:What's wrong with you people? Honestly...

I didn't say it was going to be terrible, actually it sounds fun. I said that I'm tired of gimmicks. I just want my D-Pad A, B, L, and R. The touch screen was cool and all, but a lot of DS games just don't use it, they want to use the normal controls because people prefer it. I'm afraid that there will be games that will force you to use this new gimmick for the gameplay, like how the DS Zelda games did, I absolutely hated these game for their control. If they gave us the option to switch to normal controls, like in SM64DS (The touch controls for that game were ughgh ._.) I would probably love those game.

imo; D-pad > touch screen

AlakazamBrain wrote:NES ---evolution--> SNES ---revolution--> N64 ---evolution--> GCN ---revolution--> Wii
Gameboy ---revolution (imo)--> Gameboy Color ---evolution--> GBA ---revolution--> DS

AlakazamBrain wrote:Final final note: Note to quite a few of you: Is all you really want better graphics? Would you go out today and spend $40 on Super Mario Bros. if it meant it were graphics of the level of New Super Mario Bros. Wii? Probably not.

I guess I'm used to it.

The evolution from the NES to the SNES was graphics.
SNES to N64 for 3-D graphics and Analog stick.
N64 to GCN was better graphics.
GCN to Wii was motion control
Gameboy - GBC graphics
GBC - GBA graphics
GBA - DS 3-D graphics, 2 screens, touch screen.

Nintendo did this because they were losing a LOT of people.

No, I wouldn't buy a new mario bros game because of better graphics. I would buy it because of new levels, power up, content, something new to add to the gameplay.
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd wrote:Poor Watermelon gods couldn't didn't see it coming

Image NS:|
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd
Wendell
Wendell

Have thanks: 5 time
Highscores: 11

Postby GigaMetroid99 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:45 pm

Chuey wrote:Read about this on Serebii a few days ago.

Really, I don't care. It's gonna be the fifth DS. It's just a waste of money to keep updating so stick with one and forget about it. Really, they think they can fool people over with tiny little upgrades but hey, the DSi has a way to update like the Wii. Just freaking update the DSi, you're not going to get THAT much more money compared to the DS or even DS Lite's sales.

Oh Chu, you're so silly.
Image Image

Image <-- Counterfeit Zapdos Doll

Luigi_Freak_the_23rd wrote:Because Black and White together is Grey right? Educate;

Just like how Red and Blue make Yellow

And how Gold and Silver make Crystal

And how Ruby and Sapphire make Emerald

And how Diamond and Pear make Platinum Educate;
GigaMetroid99
Wendell
Wendell

Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 6

Return to Nintendo Discussion