Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

My Summer: 2014.

The meals inspire every topic under the sun. Free your mind, say what you like! Fries are $3.99!

My Summer: 2014.

Postby Chuey » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:55 pm

Hi everyone, it's been a while. I fell out of touch this summer, so I felt that maybe writing one of my traditionally lengthy, overbearing posts about my life would be in order. I guess we could call this one "My Summer: 2014." I came back from Wagner on May 14, 2014 and began my days back home on the 15th.

Quabbin Reservoir, May 15.

Within a few days I got a report that I got all A's for the semester, meaning my first year gave me a net 3.933 for a GPA. This achievement later proved to earn me a free -additional- 37th class (based on the setup of how classes work at Wagner), which essentially saves me $5000 if I choose to take another class. I guess I HAVE to take that extra class at some point, so I'll probably make it a music class. I did declare to be a music major earlier in the second semester. I had struggled with an education class, which was very stressful and seemed to have fewer logical connections to my eventual goals of teaching a high school music class, not a multi-subject third grade classroom. (Inclusion is still a fair discussion, but citing psychologists who put an age limit for certain reasoning processes as a reason to introduce such reasoning processes earlier... starting to confuse me, folks.)

Bear's Den in New Salem, May 21.

A big focus of my summer was hiking and geocaching, which involves using an app on my iPhone to utilize satellites and GPS coordinates to locate various types of container in the outdoors. Anyone who is friends with me on Facebook has potentially seen photos of my "Mass Adventures" come up on their newsfeed. I documented my adventures, whether they were big hikes in the woods or touring small unbeknownst-to-me towns, in an overcrowded photo album. I've sprinkled some photos through the post as you can tell. For a geocaching challenge I am supposed to find one geocache in all 351 towns in Massachusetts. I covered several new towns in this effort; this is the true basis of my Mass Adventures album.

Geese in Conway, June 4.

In the mean time, I actually returned to New York briefly to sing at Baccalaureate. I spent about 8 hours on a train throughout the day and I had to ditch the performance early in order to avoid missing my train. The choir members reacted with confusion as I struggled to leave the tent under the rain, but I eventually had to get over it. It was a waste of day and a true embarrassment I don't like to think about. I got to sing a few songs with the choir but the event ran over by 10-15 minutes due to an extensive speech that was rambly, causing me to have to leave early and miss out on singing "I Know Where I've Been" from Hairspray.

Building ruins in Worthington, June 9.

I began rehearsals for Fiddler On The Roof and 42nd Street. Doing these two shows was the most significant part of the summer. I was able to catch up with several old friends from last year; the first person from Ja'Duke with whom I reacquainted was my friend Justin, who greeted me with a warm hug. I went to my first rehearsal for Fiddler and then 42nd Street, which featured a LOT of tap dancing. It was an incredibly difficult experience for me to tap. I had to learn some tap steps for a production of Anything Goes 3 years prior, but none of that really remained in my head.

View from Metacomet-Monadnock Trail in Holyoke, June 14.

As rehearsals went on, I did some more adventuring and got to perform at my old high school again. We did an "alumni show," which featured a pretty decent amount of underclassmen due to an overwhelming lack of response from graduated students. I got to perform the opening number which ended up not being a karaoke track due to technical problems. "Who's Noreen?" I asked, mocking the track for "Nicest Kids in Town" from Hairspray. I took fragments of all the taps numbers from 42nd Street and pieced together a mini tap number to support my main song from the show, "Dames," that I would perform and once again receive the respect of an alumni who thought I was an awful singer that's stuck up.

Patten District in Shelburne, June 14.

My parents celebrated their 23rd marriage anniversary and I kept doing the shows. I had slowly begun talking to my costar in 42nd Street, Kylee. I was Billy Lawlor in the show, the 2nd most important male in terms of leads, but I had more dancing and show-off-y solos than the male lead so it worked out in my favor really well. Kylee is (as of writing) 16 and a wonderful tap dancer for her age. Occasionally she would message me, either to apologize for something mundane or to ask for some advice and then we would talk over Facebook for another 2 hours. This became a very common happenstance every night, myself engaging it occasionally as it became very friendly and fun. It felt wonderful to share details about myself I couldn't share, like some basic plot elements from my to-never-be-written-or-finished novel project.

Belting "Nicest Kids In Town" and looking thinner, June 20.

It took until the final 2-3 weeks to really understand what Fiddler On The Roof was about, as well as to learn that I had a really gorgeous vocal solo. I got to have beautiful moments of tension with my close friend Dave, who played Tevye. I embraced the story and had a blast playing Fyedka. I always felt such intensity in my final line, "Some are driven by edicts... others by silence." I feel like I never delivered that line with all of the power that it held in my mind. I received a lot of praise for my solo over the final weeks and one my castmates' moms, whom I had met last year, delivered so much praise to me after one of the performances because my voice stuck out during "Anatevka," where the villagers are also forced to move in 3 days. I was told that my voice was beautiful, but I also put so much passion in the elongated dotted-quarter rhythm near the song's end on the 'E' pitch. I made myself almost cry during that song and I probably missed singing that song most of all.

Belting my solo in "To Life" in Fiddler On The Roof.

Others are moved by silence. Chatting up Tevye.

Tradition!

The performances of Fiddler On The Roof and 42nd Street went back to back; I was performing four weekends in a row for a grand total of 12 shows. At 11 AM on every weekend's Saturday was also a kid-targeted show that was a collection of Disney songs. I got the opportunity to perform "Summer" from Frozen, and it was pretty difficult because every Friday I would go out after the show with friends of mine in the "adult group" (I was closer to the mid-20s folks than the teenagers and those around 18-19, though I became much closer with them too), not enough sleep, and struggle to get a high 'A' out. On a well rested day, the song is not hard, just a ton of fun. I scared the director's daughter and maybe a few kids during the first show, so I was really bummed out. An oversized snowman could be kind of scary, though, compared to the miniscule depiction in the movie. I was told during the second show that I was wanted to pose in a picture, so I had to change back into the snowman outfit from a pirate outfit (for the "Pirate and Princess Parade"). I continued this trend the last 2 shows; although I missed posing with most kids, those who wanted a picture with Olaf stayed, as well as the kids who got to come on stage during my song. I got a big hug on the fourth performance from the little girl Isabel who got to dress up during my song.

As questioned by Dave's grandson, "Why does Olaf have two heads?"

The end of "Summer" with guest star Isabel!

Being a pirate in the song "Princess Things."

The rehearsals for 42nd Street were increasingly stressful. Once we brought the show to the Shea Theater in Turners Falls, the day right after we took out Fiddler's set, the reality of frightening costume changes became apparent. On Wednesday I got yelled at really badly, being compared to a high school actor, and I nearly cried. These comments were made to challenge me to do better because the director Nick(technically not the director (?) but the producer, at least) knew I was capable of it, and by the next day I had 98% of my problems fixed and I had an incredible rehearsal. Before the final dress rehearsal on that Thursday, Kylee went to get her microphone and tripped up the stairs of the theater. She broke a bone in her left foot, rendering her unable to dance. We lost the lead of our show the night before opening! Our choreographer/director (she wasn't originally director nor the one who yelled at me, but at some point she became the director?), Kim, would step in as Peggy Sawyer. She played the role ten years ago, actually, but it would still be really stressful for her to re-learn everything and recommit everything to memory, even if she was teaching most of the show to everyone else, in a day.

Maynard Family Cemetery (1746-1876) deep in Conway State Forest, June 18.

The next day, we opened 42nd Street and it was the most incredible performance I had ever done. The cast pulled it through and we had a wonderful time. My solo in Fiddler received a lot of praise, and now one of my solos in this show, "I Know Now," received that similar praise. Every night I tried to add more power to my held 'G' pitch, finally figuring it out by the 3rd performance. The second weekend I had my best solo and the audience applauded kind of endlessly. I feel that some of the applause was nervous since I wasn't leaving, but I was finally about to walk off stage. The lights changed a moment before I was about to walk away... I wish I could have explained that I knew I waited too long and was about to rectify the issue. But the sound of applause at that solo was so wonderful and I really stole away the show for a few moments.

Singing "Young and Healthy" with Kim.

"Dames."

Final Scene.

I had spoken to Kylee and agreed I would take her to the fourth performance of the Pirate and Princess Parade. We talked a lot in the car rides and sat next to each other when we watched Frozen at the cast party. Something felt really special in all this interaction and it upsets me to even recall all of this. (Spoiler!?) We had pictures taken after the final performance of 42nd Street and I transported her some more. I had bought a rose in the morning and had my friend Dawn help me keep it out of my car so I could keep its existence secret. I convinced Kylee to let me drive her home that night, the shows completely done, and I pulled over on the side of a hill on the way to her house. She thought I was going to kiss her, or something, I learned later, but I was aware of this thought during the moment. I said some words to reassure her and I presented the rose from the back of my car. She was completely speechless and overtaken by emotion. We had a really long embrace that lasted maybe a minute although it felt like a lot longer.

Eastern Newt in Westhampton, July 1. (Not my hand!)

I brought her home and her mom came out to carry some stuff into the house. I spoke with her a few moments before she let Kylee and I finish talking. I knew that Sue was suspicious of me, but I knew she liked me nonetheless. I said I would really miss Kylee and she said the same. She said that October was a really long time away (I will be going home to see my friends perform "Addams Family"), but I said August wasn't over. I put my right hand on her left cheek, cupping it, and I knew her heart started racing. I wasn't going to kiss her though, and I said, "Goodbye, Allentown." I walked back to my car and though she was stunned, she went to her door via crutches and I sang a few notes of one of the 42nd Street songs she liked before getting in my car and driving home.

Bridge of Names in Lake Pleasant, Montague, July 22.

Kylee and I had been developing a friendship over the few months of knowing each other. When I got the notification of being cast in the show, about a week before I came home, I flipped out about being cast as Billy Lawlor. I then looked up who Kylee was and saw that she had been in a relationship for over a year at this point. I wasn't going to interfere with the fact that she had a boyfriend. Over time, she explained how Thomas had been condescending toward her on account of maturity and age, and so I made sure as a friend to almost never acknowledge that she was younger than me and treat her with more respect. I even learned that Thomas had talked with Kylee's best friend in a very sexual manner that apparently reflected one of his personal fetishes, and Kylee treated this as cheating. I didn't really see it, but when I thought of it as phone sex, essentially, I could understand it.

Labyrinth in Northampton, August 1.

Kylee had talked about wanting a break from her relationship eventually, and with this cheating incident, perhaps the relationship would end. I asked if I could come over the next day to talk with her about things, which eventually would include this topic. The next day I asked if I could still come, and she seemed to be worried about me making the 45 minute drive to her house at such a late hour but I did it anyway once I got the blessing to do so. Her mom wanted me to not stay too late and for us to be quiet, so we took that into consideration. We talked for about an hour about various things, me sharing pictures from my prom (where I posed with many female friends, wore a sporty white tuxedo amongst my more traditional black/gray-suited friends, etc.) and so much more. Early on she had held my hand and moved her fingers along mine, which I trid to ignore although it excited me. I finally brought up the topic of Thomas and Kylee said she was feeling alright. I don't really remember what happened in the dialogue then, but I tilted my head and kissed her. I pulled away a moment, kissed her again, and then repeated this to total three kisses.

Mysterious finding in Rowe, August 8.

She said she was expecting this to happen tonight and explained how she thought I was going to kiss her a few days earlier, on Sunday. I apologized for having kissed her, knowing she was still in a relationship. She told me not to be sorry, though. I went on for a while, saying how I never wanted to interfere or negatively impact her relationship. We turned to each other and whispered and stared into each other's eyes and hugged for hours. I gotten to her house at 10:30 and was reminded how late it was. "15 more minutes... please!" "Alright... I just don't want us to get into trouble." I finally left at 3 in the morning for a grand total of 4.5 hours. We had made plans earlier in the week, so I got up to leave. I felt like I tried to rush out of the house, but I was really worked up in emotion. I had a hard time breathing during the night's events... I had never felt so much passion before.

Pelham Lake in Rowe, August 8.

The next day I got back to Shelburne around 1 and we went for a long car ride, introducing her to geocaching and seeing so many beautiful things. We spent a lot of time in Rowe, taking in the beautiful lake and the pretty views and points of interest around the town center. We held hands in the car for the entire day (I don't know, 6-8 hour range?), she kissed my cheek on multiple occasions since she still didn't want to kiss me with having a boyfriend and all but felt such temptation to kiss me, and it was one of the best days of my life. It's hard to think that from the time of writing that this day was 3 weeks ago. We took a picture in Rowe (we went as far west as North Adams and north as Stamford, VT) that I will post below, but in a spoiler tag. I really hate looking at it these days even though I would probably still give a lot to be with her. (More spoilers?) Also I'll include a picture from post-42nd Street.

Rowe Trip
Spoiler:

Post-42nd Street, Separated Leads
Spoiler:

We talked every day (as we have for several weeks) but I didn't get to see her until the next Friday, the 15th. I had been told a few days prior that she finally went on her relationship break with Thomas. He apparently swore at her and tried to change her mind. She and I were set to go on an actual date, now. I picked her up from driving school and brought her home so she could change; we decided we would dress up semi-fancy. She put on a silky white dress and looked incredibly beautiful. She embodied peace, youth, and innocence. I was really nervous and felt in my upset stomach on the drive north that this entire thing was a horrible idea and I should try to get it called off. We made our first stop at the antique store in Deerfield. I really wanted to stop in and get some antiques and recently I had developed an obsession with elephants. When we had perused 90% of the store and I was down to two elephants to pick from, Kylee came up to me and kissed me. My avoidant behavior ceased very quickly and we held hands for the rest of the time now that I felt comfortable with that again and we talked and joked.

Mass-Vermont-New York Tristate Marker, August 10.

I took her to dinner in Williamsburg. We stopped at the general store and saw one of our castmates from 42nd Street, who was incredibly suspicious of us being together. This was something Kylee and I laughed about at dinner, where we shared a delicious steak and some rolls of bread. We kissed a few times before leaving to try finding mini-golf. All the mall-based mini-golf seemed to be shut down so we mainly drove around (something my dad loves to do, too) and held hands, talked. We headed back to her house and I pulled off at the rest area on the highway near Deerfield. I thought there was a cop car in the parking lot so I felt awkward and made an ordeal about turning my car light on, making it seem like I was looking for something important. Eventually, I turned my car off, the light off, and Kylee and I began making out.

Connecticut River between Northampton and South Hadley, August 14.(Yay, I went on a canoe!)

This was my first time making out. I had made a comment at her house that earlier described time how I would not try to force my tongue down her throat, and I had this in mind when all of a sudden we progressed to kissing with our tongues. It felt so... natural. It was perfect, and wonderful. I had tried tongue-kissing before a long time ago in an unusual situation with my old friend Alana, but it wasn't anything like this and I had no idea what was going on. Kylee and I were there for a while, taking moments to pause and talk, or kiss more closed-mouthed, and I felt that breathlessness again. Except this time, I felt more happy and less freaked out. I knew I had not been this happy in a long time and that I had never shared an experience like this before with anyone, not even my ex-girlfriend Jessica. (And Skype/NSC friends, you've listened to me talk about her endlessly in the past.) I brought her home and pulled over on that side hill like so long ago (since college, time FLIES for me and it's ridiculous). My car was on this time though, so we cut the kiss short as my gas meter said my car was dead empty. I freaked out even though I knew this was a side effect of my old car being on a hill. I brought her home, we hugged, and she went in.

A reunion with close friend, John Waynelovich. August 17.

I was able to enjoy a break and go to Cambridge to see my friend John Waynelovich, my former Ja'Duke castmate and former music teacher, perform with his old band Barefoot Truth. Though a small band, they had a cult following and made a lot of money with their revival concert as John now lives in California and the other band members are doing individual projects. Like my invitation to Hopkinton to see Norman's show "Much Ado About Nothing," which was FANTASTIC and not previously mentioned, Kylee could not join me in the Greater Boston area that night. The invite was last-minute, but Hopkinton was not last-minute. I wish I gained a little more trust with Sue and Gary, but alas, it no longer matters to me. The concert was around 2.5 hours and although parking was a stressful ordeal, me turning into the valet parking and then turning out, flying past Lesley University before finally coming back and accepting the astronomical parking fees later learned to be $24. Parking for Norman's show was free!! I had taken many pictures in Hopkinton and the other stops along the way, and it was nice to see him and Kyle again. The inclusion of Pharrell Williams's "Happy" in the Shakespeare piece was truly interesting and entertaining. My choice of location sit even got me to subtly and explicitly interact with the cast, especially when I was in the way of the carpet some of the characers rolled out. Now back to the present...

Machinery remnants at Chester-Hudson Quarry in Becket, August 19.

I had plans to watch the 42nd Street DVD with Kylee a few days later, and then to go on one more date with her that Friday (LAST Friday), the day before I left. I was told that Thomas was coming to her house Tuesday, so those plans were automatically canceled. I went out with my best friends for a day of geocaching to find 6 different types of geocaching, which finally brought us to the pictured-above Chester-Hudson Quarry. I got home and Kylee texted me. We talked a bit before I asked about Thomas, and then she said she was beginning to seriously miss him. I felt a lot of pain with this and went to bed early, moping and feeling super confused. The next day, we didn't talk much. I got a text that night, while I was with my friend Erik, that her relationship-break was over and that they were staying together. My heart sunk. I didn't think it would happen. I went to my friends' house and explained the new updates about Kylee and me and I played a song, "Angels" by Jonathan Fritzen, before crying and trying to resist the tears.

Final hike in Chesterfield, August 20.

I went to dinner and to see a movie with my friend Justin from Ja'Duke, and then his fiancé and her friend when they arrived later. I talked about Kylee with Justin and she messaged me, asking for me to still come over the next day to say goodbye. I enjoyed "Into The Storm" immensely, even though it might have been a little cheesy. Some of the action-packed scenes just made me not care about my normal passion for movie plots... it was epic! Justin said to me on the drive back to his place how Kylee and I would have been a cool couple, as he considered it a week prior when I sent a picture from our date in Williamsburg. This meant a lot, though I knew that only 2/3 people would feel this way in the end.

Final drive through Colrain, August 22.

I went over to Kylee's house one final time around 11:30 and I walked in. She gave me a hug really suddenly and said she was going to miss me, though I said this was something we would discuss later. I asked her for a tour of the two rooms I had seen, specifically to get the backstory on all of the photos. I frequently teared up and tried to cover it up and kill as much time as possible. Eventually we sat at her kitchen counter and talked. She said she had a good week and I said I couldn't explain. I then played "Angels" by Jonathan Fritzen. I mentioned this song already... this was the first song I introduced to Kylee when we were still friends, randomly talking on Facebook on a mid-June evening. She said she loved it and found it beautiful. The past several days the song was what drove me to tears, if simply thinking about having to leave Kylee behind or now that I was never going to be with her.

She put her hand lightly on my back and I turned completely away from her. I felt completely ashamed to be crying in front of her, but I wanted to her to know that I really cared about her. I made some mistakes explaining that history repeats itself and that she would probably be cheated on again and that she deserved to be treated like an angel. People that truly care about others don't simply give up on their relationships and must always put in their heart to keep it going. I said several things, I cited what Justin thought of us, and more. She had originally invited me to have lunch over at the house, but I turned down the food element. Now, with really nothing more to say (I don't even remember 80% of it, to be honest), I asked if I could have some toast and water. I had one bite of the toast and knew I wasn't hungry. A little bit later I forced another bite but apologized I wasn't capable of finishing it; I had all of the water though. I got up to leave.

I got to the door and Kylee locked the deadbolt on me, forcing me to hug her. I wasn't going to not hug her, but we hugged a moment sooner than I had in mind. I broke down again and she hugged me hard. I knew she was starting to cry and I said how much she meant to me. She apologized but I said it was my fault because I fell in love with her. I think I freaked her out saying this, and I continuously told myself over the weeks that I didn't want to dare using the L-word. I told myself then that I didn't love her in the truest sense, but it was just so much more than... I don't know, I can't explain it. It wasn't like my parents' love or my friends who have been dating for 5 years, but it was absolutely monumental. I wasn't in this to play a game. I never was.

I stayed a little bit longer and we sat on her couch. I sang a little bit more of one of John Waynelovich's songs; I sang a little bit earlier in the kitchen through tears. I still had to merge sections of the songs since I couldn't remember all the lyrics. I then sang "To Excess," a comical musical theater song I had shown Kylee. She sang along and I'm pretty sure she was really flat. I tried to sing through her pitch but found myself singing the song lower than I remembered it. But we shared this last song and I was smiling a lot. But it wouldn't last; I said it was time for me to leave now. I went to the door, opened it, had one foot out the door, and we hugged again. She began to cry though she tried to hide it. I walked out the door, and kept my back to her. I could hear her crying, but I turned around and pointed at her, causing her to force her tears to pause. I told her that it broke me apart to have to leave, but I had five final things to say. I held up fingers to indicate the numbers: "1. History repeats itself. 2. Be critical of everything. 3. The three-word phrase I just said. 4. Goodbye." I had gone to my car and she shut the door, but I ran back to the door, which she opened for me to say, "5. I'm sorry." I went to my car again, got in this time, cried heavy for a few seconds, and then I took off.

I was going to get one more geocache in the area since there were 3 near her house, I only had 2, and I didn't want to ever come back. A non-geocacher vehicle was parked by the entrance to the area I planned on visiting, though, so I drove in a loop past Kylee's house where I honked my car and kept going north all the way to Colrain. I recognized the area from my childhood, took some photos, and drove to 112-south. I picked up one geocache on a long trip back to Greenfield to get on the highway and get home. I texted Kylee when I got home a few more messages before I took a nap out of depression. Her last text before my nap was "Thank you." I woke up, wrote back "You're welcome," and we haven't talked since.

Yeah, it's been a week, but it feels closer to 2-3 to me. Now only was time a crazy variable during the summer, but now I'm back at Wagner where time is all distorted. I really grew to care about someone more than I ever had before (so far), and it was for nothing BESIDES personal growth and learning. In a technical sense I was led on by a fantasy that she helped illustrate in my head to even get me interested. She never left her boyfriend and though we shared so many moments, secrets, stories, and everything, it's been left behind. It was wrong of me to try to interfere in her relationship, though I really believed her relationship was ending (not purely based on my own bias, I promise) and that we would share a chapter. We only shared a few pages and I got my heart ripped out. I've been better in the past few days though I think of her for a little bit of time every day. I hope that this ends soon. I am returning home next weekend to actually perform some songs from Fiddler and 42nd Street with the Ja'Duke casts. Thankfully I won't see her; she still can't dance, she won't be performing. Regardless of your opinion, this has been an incredibly important and devastating chapter of my life.

I apologize for falling out of touch with everyone. I fell out of touch with my friends from home during my shows, but with the aggravatingly-growing relationship that soon burned I became even more consumed with my emotions and my various outings that I simply didn't talk to you guys anymore. I hope you've enjoyed getting an update on my life. I'd love to share more pictures of my hikes, car rides, and musical performances. I hope you've liked seeing them sprinkled in through the post. I didn't like to break my format of one photo between paragraphs, but it worked out to leave the final "scene" uninterrupted. Thanks for reading, everyone, and here's to a wonderful first semester of the year for everyone.

Until the forum dies or the video link breaks, Angels by Jonathan Fritzén.

[Bonus Story] Passing Of Grandma Marge (Because I somehow forgot to include it earlier!)
Spoiler:
I woke up the next day to receive news that my grandmother, Grandma Marge, had passed away. She had been suffering from dementia for several years now, but more pronoucedly in the past year and a half. She had come to live with my family last April because she had been beaten by my grandfather, allegedly, in a Big Y parking lot for not having all of her marbles. He spent some time in jail though charges ended up being dropped, and during this time we fought to get her into a nursing home and him to sell the house. He agreed but rescinded his offer when released. Grandma Marge, my dad's mother, stayed with us for a month and it was very painful to repeatedly mention that I was going to a school in New York and that things were going well and this and that. She mistook my dad for her husband and became very hostile toward my mom, thinking Grandpa Bruce had been having some sort of affair. Grandma Marge frequently walked out of the house in a mental daze before coming back or one time my dad had to seek her out as she had gone very far on foot without coming back. I don't remember what happened, but something insane happened while I was gone so Grandma Marge was rushed to the hospital to be relaxed and the nearby Linda Manor Nursing Home finally accepted to take her in as she needed hospital intervention to calm her building rage and mental chaos. She became much more peaceful at Linda Manor, and my dad would visit once a week for the most part.

Earlier in the summer, in June, I got a phone call that my grandma didn't have long to live and that the family (mine and the extended members from Vermont) were going to see her. I had been at a friend's graduation party and I decided to leave early. The last time I saw her was about 11 months prior at my graduation party, and I told myself that if I didn't go that night she would die. I went and met up with my family and Grandma Marge was sleeping. I finally got my chance to speak to her when everyone left the room and I started to cry for the first time in several, several months. I apologized for everything and being a horrible grandson before. She ended up living! The night of my final performance of 42nd Street my parents went to see her; she was just sleeping as usual. Four hours later, around 2 AM, the house got a phone call that my grandmother had passed away. I woke up to receive the news; "Is it over?" "Yup." It was hard to believe, and after I went out with my friends I got to join the meeting for what the funeral was going to be like. My cousin Melanie was being annoying and hostile, but we eventually looked past it. I spent the next few days simply keeping myself preoccupied.

Thursday morning I got up and got a little dressed up to go to the funeral. I had walked in and signed the guest book before waiting my turn to speak to my grandmother in her casket. I had a hard time speaking with her because of other people around me speaking so loudly, but I was able to finish my low whispers. Whether or not my words had any lasting value and whether or not the afterlife is real, I felt very moved and a tad religious for once. I broke down into tears and had to walk away. She had raised me while my parents were away at work. I would spend mornings and afternoons there for grades 1-4 and only mornings after that until the end of grade 8. She would cook me breakfast and with Grandpa Bruce (who has evil in his veins) would take me to school every day. She was a mean person, but only because of the trapped world she knew because of my grandfather. She never had independence and was always called a dumb person, as well as other abusive verbal comments. I forgave her and apologized. I felt skeptical about the priest's "performance" but my Uncle Dean had a chance to present a speech, not one that was written down but well thought out. I hadn't spoken to him much in the past few years, but his speech moved me to tears again and it was very challenging to work through it. Afterward I was able to attend a food service and eat the rest of the day away in a delicious turkey and bond more with my first cousin once removed and his wife (Steve and Joyce), whom are both music educators. I had met Steve at the Fiddler On The Roof performances as his parents, my Great Aunt Martha and Great Uncle Bill, are friends and church attendants to my friend Dave's services. Yes, Dave/Tevye is a pastor! I had met them last year and indirectly another first cousin once removed, Kathy, but this year I got to know more of my super-extended family.

It was a very tragic story over time, but now it's over and things will be at peace. My dad is continuing to work things out and he thankfully had extra time to get money to the funeral home as the main owner personally knew both of my grandparents. I hope the tombstone is up soon.
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey

Have thanks: 9 time
Highscores: 24

Re: My Summer: 2014.

Postby Star125 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:30 am

that was a good read

reminds me of one of my romance animes

6/7

Spoiler:

(5th gen Pokemon)