Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

My NaNoWriMo story: Guardian Spirits

Explore the never-ending maze of incredible literature at your disposal!

My NaNoWriMo story: Guardian Spirits

Postby Star125 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:21 am

I'm bad at writing, but maybe this will still be ok?

Prologue:
Spoiler:
Tragedy has befallen Ocelle, the land of flowing water, one of the four nations of the continent called Prilima. It came with no warning, in a way that none could have predicted. Ocelle's Guardian, who protects the land from evil spirits, has been assassinated. It is unknown who was behind the assassination, but the people of Ocelle shifted their blame onto a man who they believed was most likely to desire the ruin of Ocelle. He was a man despised throughout Ocelle, a prince who had betrayed his country.
Ocellians began to swarm around a small house that appeared quite worn down. Many in the crowd were hysterical. Those in front were trying to break down the locked door to the house. "It's not... our fault..." Inside the old house, a teenage girl kept muttering those words while trembling. "It's not our fault... It's not our fault! Father had nothing to do with this!" Even though her words meant nothing to the panicked crowd outside the house, she still continued, perhaps to convince herself. Meanwhile, the girl's father, the man who the crowd was after, was desperately trying to break through the wall in the back of the house to create an escape. "It's almost ready, Kim. Are you prepared to run?" The girl ceased her muttering upon hearing her father speak. "Will we really be able to escape?" she said. The wall now had a large hole in it, large enough for a person to fit through. "We're going to try," the man replied.
They managed to escape just as the door was broken down. "Where are we running to?" the girl asked her father, whose hand she was holding tightly as they both ran. "The port. The ship bound for Agralia is departing soon. We should be able to make it in time!" he replied. "Agralia? So we're... we're leaving the country?" Agralia is the largest country in Prilima. It is known to be welcoming towards people of any country, so many Ocellians have decided to go to Agralia to escape the oncoming disasters caused by the loss of the Guardian. "That's right. You won't have to suffer here any longer. You'll be free!" he said. "I'll be... free?" the girl muttered under her breath, still running.
They made their way to the port while attempting to stay out of sight. It was nighttime, so staying hidden wasn't too much of a problem. "I can hear the ocean!" the girl pointed out. "The port is just up ahead," said her father. "I think this is where we should part ways," he added. The girl was not prepared for that.
"Wait... part ways? What do you mean?"
"I'm not going with you, Kim. I'm staying here. You'll be going to Agralia by yourself," he calmly stated.
"H-huh? Wait, why?" she did not understand.
"They won't stop looking for me. Even in Agralia, they'll still be hunting me down. If I go with you, you'll be in danger too. That's why it's best if I stay here while you go by yourself. Please understand, Kim. This is what's best for you."
"B-but I... if you're not with me I..." tears began welling up in her eyes. "You've always been there for me! Always... you've always been there. How can I go on without you? I'll be all alone! I can't handle that! I don't want to be alone! Please... don't leave me all alone...please," she pleaded as tears streamed down her face.
"I'm sorry Kim." He stepped toward her and wrapped her in an embrace.
"Father... Father!!!" she cried. "Please don't leave me! I don't want to be alone!"
"Kim... I must do this. I love you more than anything. I want you to be happy... but that's impossible if I'm with you. I can't let you end up like her..."
"I love you too! More than anything! I can't be happy without you. I need you! That's why..." The sounds of a crowd of people interupted her.
"We don't have time, Kim. You need to get on that boat right away. The port is right over that way," he pointed as he let go of her. "Now go! Quick!"
Kim knew that he was right. If her father runs away to Agralia, he'll still be pursued, because people truly believe that he is the culprit. She will be in danger if her father goes with her. She's knows that, even though she hates having to be separated from him, this is for the best.
"Father... in Agralia... the stars are the same, aren't they? I'll still be seeing the same stars as you every night, right?" she said softly, having stopped crying by now.
"The stars?" He thought for a bit, then he smiled. "Yes, of course. We'll see the same stars, the same sky, no matter how far apart we are."
"Father, thank you for everything. Thank you for always being there for me." she turned towards the area heading to the port. "Goodbye... Father." She pulled the hood on her cloak up to hide her face and ran towards the port. Her father watched as she ran off, and continued watching until she faded from view. She was going to start a new life now, free from him. He prayed that she would meet someone who would care for her as much as he had.

Spoiler:

(5th gen Pokemon)
Star125
Skulltula
Skulltula

Have thanks: 6 time
Highscores: 38

Re: My NaNoWriMo story: Guardian Spirits

Postby Star125 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:33 am

Characters (featuring sprite sheets from my RPG, which will have the same story as this)
(they'll be added in as they're introduced)

Kim:
Spoiler:

Kim's dad:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

(5th gen Pokemon)
Star125
Skulltula
Skulltula

Postby Luigi_Freak_The_23rd » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:00 pm

Interesting so far, can't wait for the first chapter!

Also those are some impressive sprite sheets. Just saying.
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd wrote:Poor Watermelon gods couldn't didn't see it coming

Image NS:|
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd
Wendell
Wendell

Have thanks: 5 time
Highscores: 11

Postby Star125 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:06 pm

Luigi_Freak_The_23rd wrote:Interesting so far, can't wait for the first chapter!

Also those are some impressive sprite sheets. Just saying.

I made them using a generator T3T

Spoiler:

(5th gen Pokemon)
Star125
Skulltula
Skulltula

Return to Legendary Library