Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

The NSC Munna

The meals inspire every topic under the sun. Free your mind, say what you like! Fries are $3.99!

The NSC Munna

Postby Chuey » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:03 am

Hey everyone! I have a Munna plushie that I bought at Nintendo World in 2013 as a cute take on a signature dog plush. I had met Norman previously, but I loved this idea so I figured I would buy the Munna, visit him for a signature, and then strive to get everyone else's signature as time and money allows! As of December 12, 2015, I have 2 signatures! I hope you'll try to join the list of friends I get to meet and sign my Munna! :)

Signature #1: Norman
Spoiler:

Signature #2: Mike
Spoiler:

Original Post
Spoiler:
Hi everyone! Today I made my first visit to Nintendo World and with much of the first floor being Pokémon-dedicated, I was reminded of my visit to the Pokémon Center store several years ago. I bought a Virizion and Terrakion plush because I couldn't resist, but before I even picked them up (as I kept debating amongst the plushies) I picked up a Munna. After I bought the Munna, which I got because of you guys, I got a brilliant idea. Whenever I meet one of you, I will ask you to sign the Munna! Kind of like one of those signature dogs! So far I've only met Norman and I'm sure we'll cross paths again so he can sign it then. But I do want to travel and meet some of you as time and money allows, so if we meet, I hope you'll be interested in signing this Munna!

It might seem crazy or it might never be complete. Both of these things are completely true. But I thought it would be a fun idea. :)
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey

Have thanks: 9 time
Highscores: 24

#1: Norman

Postby Chuey » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:28 pm

On Monday, 2/17 I drove out to Worcester, MA on a very scenic route (Route 9). I was trying to grab some easy geocaches on the way for my hobby -- I'm trying to meet a challenge to find one of these things in every single town of Massachusetts, my home state. I almost got stuck in a city called Belchertown, but thankfully I was able to continue east. Even easy geocaches were impossible due to just the right level of snow or ice. I took a nice detour in North Brookfield to find too many muggles (borrowed from Harry Potter, not original!) at a Ground Zero for a cache so that was another 20-30 minutes wasted. I visited a friend at Worcester Polytechnic Institute for an hour before finally meeting up with Norman, sadly much later than I hoped or promised. I followed him to his college campus, worried about his broken trunk flying open every few seconds. I was able to get a tour of the school, which is probably double the population of Wagner but of a similar campus size. We then proceeded to the Natick Mall and I got reminded of his FYE story while exploring a mall double the size of Holyoke's, seeing several cool stores [and NOT seeing creepy doll vendors]. I did buy a special Adult Mad Libs calendar at Newbury Comics that hopefully we can all fill out in a Skype Call someday, just for fun. We caught some McDonald's grub because 'why not?' and soon we returned to his college so I could meet his special pal Kyle briefly before a 1.5 hour drive back to my house on I-90. I have met Norman before twice (he has even met my parents!) but it was cool to re-meet him with my new Munna Project in mind.

Signature #1: Norman
Spoiler:

Playing Wii U Demos
Spoiler:

Farewell in Darkness!
Spoiler:

Belchertown Story
Spoiler:
I also almost got stuck in a city called Belchertown, where I pulled onto a side-street to safely eat a banana. I had been suffering from a severe leg cramp since the previous night and I did not want an accident on this day, so I brought some bananas to at least fool myself that I was monitoring the pain. I drove down the snowy slope to eat my banana, and as I look up a train comes flying past the tracks I rode over a few seconds prior. I then could not get up the hill and I tried to kick away snow on the slope and later where my tires were already producing tracks, but I finally opted for a side road that probably was going to take me back to Route 9, but my levels of stress and the plethora of posted land signs made me on-edge. Thankfully I got back on track.
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey

#2: Mike

Postby Chuey » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:57 pm

On Saturday, December 12, 2015, I didn't feel well, but I had plans to finally meet Mike after a series of alterations to our plans lining up. I have been in school in New York for 2 years now, but a meetup has never successfully happened until now. I met up with him at Times Square, just outside the subway station. We were communicating on Skype, locating each other, much to Star's shock that Mike would stay true to his word. I walked up to him and stay silent until he turned and looked at me, kind of suggesting a "Well... yup" sort of response. I wasn't feeling hungry, so we went to Nintendo World. I was going to buy a Link plushie and a piano book of the Symphony of the Goddesses, but the lines were excessive so I decided we shouldn't. Mike wanted to play Super Mario 64, but some noob kid wouldn't stop playing. Mike and I eventually got dinner at an Applebee's a floor below a Dave and Buster's due to the arcade's dining area having a 40 minute wait. On the streets and in the restaurant we chatted about various topics including music, school, and even our NSC friends a little bit. Ooh, gossip! We then headed upstairs to game it out where I got a higher score than Mike in skee-ball and at the last second crushed him in some version of Mario Kart. We mainly played trivia until we ran out of credits that he bought us since my debit card is being faulty. He was very friendly and let me get a basketball hoop for my dorm room as well as various items, like a chill pill stress reliever. (Included in signature photos!) We headed to Bryant Park for a ceremonious signing of the Munna before we parted ways. I guess these things always happen at night.

If we have not met and we meet in the future, please refrain from signing this largely. I let it go, especially since Mike is a "crazy son of a gun," but do please keep signatures reasonable from here on out. Note: "son of a gun" is a reference made with friendly intent. Do not worry.

Signature #2: Mike
Spoiler:

Mike Signing The Munna
Spoiler:

Farewell in Darkness! (Theme?)
Spoiler:
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey

Return to The Restaurant