Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

Video Game COMPLETING Thread FOREVER!!

There are many superb games that are not made by Nintendo. Share your experiences with them here!

Re: Video Game COMPLETING Thread FOREVER!!

Postby Star125 » Sat May 07, 2016 3:32 pm

Hey, I know no one's gonna read this, but I'll post it anyways.

So Fire Emblem Fates... I liked it a lot. I've been playing it a lot. A LOT. I had to become a filthy casual to beat the game because people wouldn't stop dying. Now I only play on casual, I should be ashamed of myself but it's just more fun when you don't have to reset all the time.
I hacked my 3DS so I could put Japanese voices into the game. Totally worth it. Only problem is I can't buy DLC, because I would have to update my 3DS to use the eShop, and that would kill the hax. I hope I find a way around this somehow, because I really want to play the DLC but I also really want to keep the Japanese voices.

Another game I have recently beat is Phoenix Wright: Justice for All (the 2nd game). Cases 2 and 3 were decent, but kind of boring at times, and some parts didn't make sense, but case 4 made up for all that by being AWESOME! It had a very satisfying end that made all the tedious investigating and cross-witnessing totally worth it. Edgeworth x Franziska OTP.

Spoiler:

(5th gen Pokemon)
Star125
Skulltula
Skulltula

Have thanks: 6 time
Highscores: 38

Postby Chuey » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:05 am

Well, earlier in the summer I bought a copy of Pokémon Y and White 2. I wanted to play Y in French, but I found myself never interested in playing the game even though I am proficient in French. I've decided to finish redeeming Arceus codes in all 7 available languages before playing the game in English. I've done French and Italian, working on Korean now. But I did beat White 2, which is why I'm posting here. I've almost got a full dex, and I still have a ton of movies to do. The Pokémon World Tournament isn't really of interest to me, but I'll look into it at some point later. I'm still transferring stuff from 3rd Gen! In playing White 2, I also bought the low-priced Pokémon Dream Radar in order to get the Hidden Ability legends. It took a while to beat the game based on the way it's designed, but I did "beat" the game by catching Therian Form Landorus, and then getting the other legendaries minus Ho-oh. (Never owned Heartgold, although I kind of want it now-a-days.)

Additionally, although I beat Pokémon Diamond almost a decade ago, I recently finished its Pokédex. I'm working on a Living Dex in Ge;neration 6, and a year ago I decided to make Diamond my "4th Gen Hub." By that, I mean that I'm transferring all of the items from Platinum/SoulSilver/etc. to Diamond. Because of this self-made distinction, I also wanted to complete its Pokédex since it was the most complete of all the games. Finishing the dex in Gen 4 would translate to saving myself from extra work inside of the Gen 6 games themselves. I recently got it to 493 seen and caught! So that's a "completion" of its own. I did not get any of the event legends of Unova besides Victini, so White 2 won't be a purely complete dex. AlphaSapphire won't have the same problem though with the upcoming events. Still need a Hoopa and Diancie; Reddit here I come!

That's all for now. Not a big gamer or game completionist at that, but here's a rare post from me that's relatively on-topic.
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey

Have thanks: 9 time
Highscores: 24

Postby JBDCool » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:58 pm

Chuey wrote:Well, earlier in the summer I bought a copy of Pokémon Y and White 2. I wanted to play Y in French, but I found myself never interested in playing the game even though I am proficient in French. I've decided to finish redeeming Arceus codes in all 7 available languages before playing the game in English. I've done French and Italian, working on Korean now. But I did beat White 2, which is why I'm posting here. I've almost got a full dex, and I still have a ton of movies to do. The Pokémon World Tournament isn't really of interest to me, but I'll look into it at some point later. I'm still transferring stuff from 3rd Gen! In playing White 2, I also bought the low-priced Pokémon Dream Radar in order to get the Hidden Ability legends. It took a while to beat the game based on the way it's designed, but I did "beat" the game by catching Therian Form Landorus, and then getting the other legendaries minus Ho-oh. (Never owned Heartgold, although I kind of want it now-a-days.)

Additionally, although I beat Pokémon Diamond almost a decade ago, I recently finished its Pokédex. I'm working on a Living Dex in Ge;neration 6, and a year ago I decided to make Diamond my "4th Gen Hub." By that, I mean that I'm transferring all of the items from Platinum/SoulSilver/etc. to Diamond. Because of this self-made distinction, I also wanted to complete its Pokédex since it was the most complete of all the games. Finishing the dex in Gen 4 would translate to saving myself from extra work inside of the Gen 6 games themselves. I recently got it to 493 seen and caught! So that's a "completion" of its own. I did not get any of the event legends of Unova besides Victini, so White 2 won't be a purely complete dex. AlphaSapphire won't have the same problem though with the upcoming events. Still need a Hoopa and Diancie; Reddit here I come!

That's all for now. Not a big gamer or game completionist at that, but here's a rare post from me that's relatively on-topic.
I decided to make a Gen 6 living Dex, but it was before I got White so I did the whole Dex from scratch. Now I'm just working on getting the legendaries, can't wait until it's over. Used QR cloning to make several copies so ones in Omega
Ruby, ones in Pokemon Bank, and one is in one game or another. I also had collected every Pokemon in gen 4 and wanted to eventually consolidate into Soul Silver but I have yet to.

I also am working on Dream Radar, my game came mostly finished but I want to get an extra copy of Shiny Haxorus and the Radar legends before I reset it to play myself. Are the Therians too hard without upgrading? I've upgraded my scope for more clouds but I can only play once a day and I am trying to rebeat Phantom Hourglass as well.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JBDCool
Purple Pikmin
Purple Pikmin

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby Calico_Lover » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:22 pm

Normally, I would write a long post about games that I really liked, but I have become lazy. These games are amazing, and you should play them.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky First Chapter
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Calico_Lover
Administrator
Administrator

Highscores: 26

Postby Baconator25 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:49 pm

I beat Final Final X, my first Final Fantasy game!! Hooray!!!
^^I want to be cool and have one of these!
Baconator25
Alpha Metroid
Alpha Metroid

Have thanks: 13 time
Highscores: 29

Postby Calico_Lover » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:28 am

Monster Hunter Generations
I suppose finishing all of the village and hub quests is enough to consider this game complete. Shoutouts to Buster and Nino.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter
Last post I said the game was amazing. This time, I will say that this series is one of the best RPGs I've ever played. This goes beyond highly recommended.
One reason you should play this game is that every chest has a textbox if you check them a second time, and they are all dripping with sarcasm. Well, most of them.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Calico_Lover
Administrator
Administrator

Highscores: 26

Postby Darkbuster13 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:11 pm

Shantae 1/2-Genie Hero: A generally silly platformer game where you do generally silly things. It's pretty fun and mostly easy, would recommend.

Twilight Princess HD: it's like Twilight Princess but it has 1080 p so that's cool. The new cave of shadows is thirty-seven layers of cheap bull honkey though

Super Bomberman R: it's hard because I suck at Bomberman and it's not worth 50 bucks at all but it's pretty fun. Wouldn't recommend until the prices drops to like 20 though.
"Those are some nice BOWLING SHOES." -President Obama

"La risa que procede de leve causa es tontería."
Darkbuster13
Tingle
Tingle

Highscores: 24

Previous

Return to Non-Nintendo Discussion