Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

The Legend of Zelda: The Organ of Despair

Explore the never-ending maze of incredible literature at your disposal!

Postby JBDCool » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:46 pm

A Fanfiction by JBDCool

No spamming, complaining, and yadda yadda yadda. Actually, I don't really care.

Warning: Contains spoilers for Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess. May also contain spoilers for Majora's Mask.

Chapter 1: http://nsidercommunity.freeforums.org/the-legend-of-zelda-the-organ-of-despair-t9125.html#p73274
Last edited by JBDCool on Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JBDCool
Purple Pikmin
Purple Pikmin

Have thanks: 1 time

Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Organ of Despair

Postby JBDCool » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:49 pm

Chapter 1: Homecomings

In a time long past, a young man atop a horse was riding along a dirt path. He was garbed in a green tunic which stretched down to his white breeches. He wore a matching green hat which stretched backward into a point trailing behind him. Underneath his hat he had bright yellow hair and his ears came up on either side of it ending it points, and his eyes were a dark blue. He wore over his shoulder a holstered sword over which hung a blue shield. This shield had on it the mark of a red bird with outstretched wings, over which hung a symbol composed of a grouping of three yellow triangles separated only by a fourth triangle which was a space between them. His sword was worn but well taken care of, with a dark red hilt. He wore also brown fingerless gloves, a brown belt, brown boots, and a brown bag. He kept the bag close to his side, as though he had something important inside of it.

The young man wore a smile on his face. After seven long years of journeying, he was returning to his homeland of Hyrule. After his many long adventures, he looked forward to again seeing the friends whom he had left behind once more.

He rode past the entrance to the Kokiri Forest, the place where he had been raised since he was young. He rode past the Lon Lon Ranch, as his horse Epona let out a loud neighing at the place where she too had been born and raised. They fell silent as they passed the bridge leading to the Gerudo desert, a place which gave birth to a friend but also to their greatest enemy. They gazed at the beauty of Lake Hylia as they passed by.

Finally, the young man stopped his horse as they came up to the entrance of Hyrule Castle Town. He sent Epona off to graze as he went across the drawbridge. He shuddered, recalling a time when the town had been infested by the undead. He was happy to find that this was not the case, as the town was busing itself with rebuilding. It seemed that the citizens were even making plans to expand the town.

Leaving through the other side of town, the young man found people busily working on the castle as well. It was no small surprise, as the castle was completely demolished, leaving nothing but its foundation. However, the people rebuilding were looking to expand the castle as well, making it larger and grander than ever before.

The young man was stopped by a guard on his way to the construction site. “Halt, you aren’t allowed here. It’s dangerous for a kid like you.” The young man was left speechless. However, he pulled a piece of paper from his bag. It was old and a little worn, but he had taken fairly good care of it. The guard took the piece of paper and read it. “This…this is the princess’ signature? Oh, so you’ve come to see her then? I see, well I suppose if you’re a friend of the princess, I can let you see her. But watch yourself buddy!”

Centuries later, a young boy looked out onto the vast expanse of ocean which lay ahead of the ship on which he rode. He too wore a green tunic, white breeches, and long pointed hat, though of a slightly different style. His was a green vest worn over a paler green, long sleeved undershirt. He also had yellow hair and pointed ears, though his eyes were black. He wore brown boots but wore no gloves. On his left hand was a faint version of the yellow triangle symbol on the young man’s shield, though it was black. He sat on the railing of the ship as he and his pirate friends sailed towards an unknown destination.

However, as he watched, he began to see something that was not so unknown to him. A large island had just come into view, and as they approached he could see a few smaller islands encompassing it. The main island was a large stone cone with vegetation sticking up from the top. The other islands were rocky platforms which shot straight up into the air, though one was covered with grass with a couple of trees sticking up over it while another was overgrown with thick, black, and twisted trees.

The boy ran over to the captain of the ship, a girl of about the same age as him. Her skin was very tan and she wore a blue vest and a white undershirt and pants. She also had on a red scarf around her neck as well as a red sash around her waist. Her yellow hair was put up in a large curl which stood up on the back of her head. She had the same pointed ears as the boy, as well as the same symbol etched onto her hand. She was standing with her arms bent and fists in her sides when the boy came running up to her. The boy couldn’t find the words to speak as he pointed frantically towards the island.

After taking a look at the island, she folded her arms and turned to the man behind her at the helm, a large man in a green shirt. “Mister Gonzo, what is our heading?”

“Uh, well, we’re going South Miss Tetra,” replied the man.

“May I see the compass please, Mister Gonzo?” she asked him. Tetra took the compass and walked around, finding that as she walked, the needle continuously pointed to Gonzo.

“Mister Gonzo, do you have something in your pocket?” Tetra asked.

“Well, yeah! I got this here lucky rock I found!” Gonzo produced from his pocket what looked like a shiny gray rock. Tetra moved the compass around, finding that the needle kept pointing at it.

“Gonzo, how long have you had this in your pocket?”

“Uh, well, I got it on that funny island about a week ago.”

Tetra handed him back the rock. “Mister Gonzo, please don’t keep that rock in your pocket anymore while you’re at the helm.”

“Aww, Miss Tetra, Rocky didn’t do anything. I like him around when I steer.”

“Well, Mister Gonzo, Rocky here managed to lose us two weeks of travel time, because now we’re back HOME.”

“Oh…oops…”

“Mister Gonzo, just leave now. Please.”

Gonzo frowned as his body sank and he walked away from the wheel. “Sorry Miss Tetra.”

In another time some centuries between the two, an older gentleman was riding an ox driven cart back into his home village of Ordon. He wore a dirtied white tunic and breeches. He had grey hair and a beard which were long and resembled the fur of a wild animal. However, he also wore an old, worn green hat, long and pointed. His eyes were blue, and they showed in them many things. Looking into them, one could see not only the battle hardened gaze of a warrior or the wisdom of his age but also something wild and eager as well.

The village children came running up to his cart, calling out to him as he made his way to his home. “Master Link, Master Link! Welcome home!” As he pulled up to his house and dismounted, his own two daughters came running out to greet him. “Papa, papa!” they yelled. He scooped them up without a word and gave them a huge hug.

“Papa, how was your time In Hyrule?” the younger of his two children, Midni, asked. However, before he could speak a word, his wife Ilia stepped out from the house. “Mama, papa’s home!” Midni exclaimed.

Link gave his wife a big smile before walking up to her and giving her a kiss on the cheek. As a couple of the other village men took care of his cart, Link and his family went inside to sit down to dinner. On the far wall inside hung a green tunic, much like Link’s hat but far less faded and worn. Next to that hung a suit of armor, a set of armor plates attached to a green shirt. It had seen much more wear than the tunic, but had not been used for a while.

Link looked around his house, and he admired his family as they got ready for supper. He thought to himself how lucky he was to have such a wonderful life and family.

As the three warriors of legend arrived at their respective homes, little did they know that fate was about to call upon them all again. For their common enemy had been plotting in secret, and was now ready to unleash his greatest, most dangerous plot ever. A plot which would span though the ages, and bring these heroes together in order to stop him.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JBDCool
Purple Pikmin
Purple Pikmin

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby GigaMetroid99 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Oh, wow! I love the idea! I can't wait to read more.NS:)
Image Image

Image <-- Counterfeit Zapdos Doll

Luigi_Freak_the_23rd wrote:Because Black and White together is Grey right? Educate;

Just like how Red and Blue make Yellow

And how Gold and Silver make Crystal

And how Ruby and Sapphire make Emerald

And how Diamond and Pear make Platinum Educate;
GigaMetroid99
Wendell
Wendell

Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 6

Postby RayquazaMaster » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:50 pm

Nice! But, isn't Gonzo one of the Muppets?
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Jimmy_Neutron_Galaxy/index/ My Jimmy Neutron site. Join, please.
http://s1.zetaboards.com/PokeTown_2/index/ My Pokemon forum. Join, please.
RayquazaMaster
Waluigi
Waluigi

Have thanks: 229 time

Postby Star125 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:52 pm

RayquazaMaster wrote:Nice! But, isn't Gonzo one of the Muppets?

Yes, but Gonzo is also a pirate in Wind Waker.

And great writing JBD! I can't wait for the next chapter!

Spoiler:

(5th gen Pokemon)
Star125
Skulltula
Skulltula

Have thanks: 6 time
Highscores: 38

Postby LegacyStrike » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:51 am

Yeah, nice job JBD.

Lookin' forward to the next. :D:
LegacyStrike