Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

THE PHOENIX DOWNS, THROW THEM

Admire the wonderful works of artists among us and all over!

THE PHOENIX DOWNS, THROW THEM

Postby Smash » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:22 am

This forum has, by far, been the most un-active and dead-weighted one I have yet seen in my life. But worse enough is the sight of a dead art board, which for pure pity I decided to spring to life, of only a while.

Im posting some of my sprites here in an attempt to see some life, as well as I will try to be active for a while. This place has alot of known faces from old N, so I figured I might drop by.

Here's some random stuff I did this week.. Each for different purposes

A few poses of Mario, for my own custom fangame
Some FF chars that I made for the lulz, to add to a G/S styled pokemon game on Hadaway (By Britt)
Bangaa from FF series, to add to Final Fantasy tactics (ps1), by hax0ring

Made in paint, magnified with brush at x1; it's all one would ever need.
C&C

Smash

Re: THE PHOENIX DOWNS, THROW THEM

Postby Calico_Lover » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:00 am

Tell me this, have you ever seen a forum with 10- active people. We run out of stuff to talk about when nothing major on the news happens. Educate;

Anyway, the sprites are insanely awesome. The bottom and second to last row must've taken quite the bit of work, amirite?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Calico_Lover
Administrator
Administrator

Have thanks: 6 time
Highscores: 26

Postby Dragon6534 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:13 pm

We ran out of stuff to talk about a while ago. We're held up by chat and games now. >.> (most of the time)

The sprites are great, especially the 4th row. Looks like an attack animation. The bangaa sprites are good as well. And you did this with paint? I truly envy your skills.

Edit: Nice title.
Dragon6534
Wario
Wario

Have thanks: 1 time
Highscores: 2

Postby GigaMetroid99 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:34 pm

When you've got one person being in charge of absolutely everything, rather than having several admins to focus on how to add to specific boards and whatnot, coupled with the fact that there are so few active members, then you're bound to get a dead forum.

In any case, those sprites are very good. They're complete scratches? If this fangame gets to the point of playability, I'd love to give it a try. Oh, and Dragon, I believe it's Mario doing a backflip.

Oh, and you clearly have not seen Star's forum.
Image Image

Image <-- Counterfeit Zapdos Doll

Luigi_Freak_the_23rd wrote:Because Black and White together is Grey right? Educate;

Just like how Red and Blue make Yellow

And how Gold and Silver make Crystal

And how Ruby and Sapphire make Emerald

And how Diamond and Pear make Platinum Educate;
GigaMetroid99
Wendell
Wendell

Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 6

Postby Smash » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:03 pm

Giga_Metroid99 wrote:When you've got one person being in charge of absolutely everything, rather than having several admins to focus on how to add to specific boards and whatnot, coupled with the fact that there are so few active members, then you're bound to get a dead forum.

In any case, those sprites are very good. They're complete scratches? If this fangame gets to the point of playability, I'd love to give it a try. Oh, and Dragon, I believe it's Mario doing a backflip.

Oh, and you clearly have not seen Star's forum.

Give links.

And yeah, these are complete scratches on paint. Scratches are basically all I do nowadays.
Some more recent ones would also be:

And yeah, it's for my first game on GM; been working on it for almost a year now, learning through trial and error and considerably improving while on it.
Nowadays, it plays like NSMB, but with custom features and such; smoothly and with no glitches.

EDIT: The Mario animation is a doublejump, SMB style
Smash

Postby Baconator25 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Smash wrote:Give links.

lol nidercommunity. I kinda made this as a joke though.

Ah, I can't find Star's site.

Wait, thar we go

Star'ssitelol
^^I want to be cool and have one of these!
Baconator25
Alpha Metroid
Alpha Metroid

Have thanks: 13 time
Highscores: 29

Postby Smash » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:27 pm

Thas must be a joke.. Wtf.

lol.
Smash

Return to Artist's Hall