Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

Most trustworthy news network?

The deepest conversations are moving, inspired, and sometimes touchy. Take a break from the bustling world for a minute and speak from the heart.

Most trustworthy news network?

Postby Storm39 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:38 pm

I was originally going to post this in "Make a Poll!" but I felt it belonged here.

The title says it all. Which news network do you feel is the most trustworthy and bias-free, and why?

In my opinion, the BBC is the only news network that I can honestly call unbiased. Also, they tend to report on actual news, and not the latest status of some scandal involving a celebrity. Plus, being a government-funded network, the network's main obligation is to the people, not to advertisers and other corporate interests.
Storm39
Tingle
Tingle

Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 3

Re: Most trustworthy news network?

Postby Luigi_Freak_The_23rd » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Since I was in Spar in Speech in Debate, I had to know both sides of every case, which usually meant a Democrat's point of view and a Republican's. So I watched both CNN and Fox News to keep up with everything. Out of the two... meh... They kind of tie. CNN and Fox both have their ups and downs, they both have good stories they cover, and both have stories where they think they know what they're talking about and you can't help but laugh (Like when they try and talk about video games is hilarious :D: ). CNN liked to pick on Fox a lot and Fox tried to defend themselves. And now Fox is picking on CNN and they don't seem to notice. A lot of people like to call both channels "lairs" and "hate mongers" or something like that. I like to call them "their opinions." But whatever. Both are a lot alike and at the same time they are completely different. Now that I'm out of Speech and Debate I don't care for any of them anymore :D: So if I had to pick one I don't have any idea which one I would pick.
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd wrote:Poor Watermelon gods couldn't didn't see it coming

Image NS:|
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd
Wendell
Wendell

Have thanks: 5 time
Highscores: 11

Re: Most trustworthy news network?

Postby AlakazamBrain » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:59 pm

Well, at least here in Canada, there is not really such thing as unbiased news. CTV (Canada's richest and private newstation) is incredibly biased. However, they like to pretend they are not. They do a lot of "weathertainment" and really try and scare you with the news. All the stories about how a common household appliance could kill you [briefly mentioning that the event happened in a bathroom] are reported on CTV. Not only that, but they really like to be quite opinioned about "this is the right way to interpret this story," "feel sad here," "jump up and scream "What" here."

CBC, the public newstation, is better in the sense that it is not scaring Canadians. However, they do something a bit different. They report on news in a slightly biased way, but do a lot of expert opinions. The expert opinions are political analysts and they actually have something intelligent to say about issues. These are obviously intentionally biased, but are obviously separated from the actual news.

I don't think any newstation is unbiased, but having a bit of bias isn't necessarily a bad thing. Just tell the story like it is with full details and you can't go wrong.
Chuey wrote:I know you enjoy screwing with me. >_>

AlakazamBrain
Jack
Jack

Have thanks: 4 time
Highscores: 22

Return to The Fireplace