Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

A thread that people won't want to respond to!

The deepest conversations are moving, inspired, and sometimes touchy. Take a break from the bustling world for a minute and speak from the heart.

A thread that people won't want to respond to!

Postby Star125 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:08 am

I already know that no one will approve of me making this thread, but I just decided to go for it and see what happens. I'm gonna try my best to not sound forceful about this.

So if anyone remembers, I used to get really into topics about religion. I would argue and try to shove my beliefs down other people's throats. I eventually stopped talking about religion after every thread lead to arguments. Looking back at it, I realize I was being really immature (which is only normal for a freshman.) It's probably been two years now since I've discussed religion, and in those two years I think I've grown more mature about it.

Now to clear something up. I HATE THE WORDS "RELIGION" AND "RELIGIOUS." They are totally the wrong words to describe my beliefs. When people hear the word religion, they just think of going to church, reading the Bible, or praying to God. These are important things, yes, but there's so much more to it. There's one thing people always miss about Christianity, the very core. LOVE.

That's the conclusion I've finally reached. Everything about Christianity is based on love. That's why so many people have trouble understanding it, it's because they lack love. Jesus even said that you can sum up the 10 commandments with just two commandments: Love God and love others.

I would guess over 90% of all people only think of Christianity as a religion. It's so, SO much more than that, and I wish more than anything that all of you would understand that. I don't want to shove anything down anyone's throat here or claim everything I say as fact, I just wanted to share what's been on my mind.

Everyone here has been such great friends to me, and you don't understand how much you all mean to me. I don't have any close friends in real life due to my unsociable personality, so you guys are my closest friends. This is the reason why I posted this thread, I want all of you to be able to experience the adventure of following Jesus. I know some of you may think I'm stupid and crazy for thinking all of this, but that's okay. I'd rather be hated than to sit back and do nothing for my dear internet friends.

That last paragraph's kinda embarrassing, actually. :-[

Spoiler:

(5th gen Pokemon)
Star125
Skulltula
Skulltula

Have thanks: 6 time
Highscores: 38

Re: A thread that people won't want to respond to!

Postby Luigi_Freak_The_23rd » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:46 am

I completely agree. In fact, I guess you could say that my "Religion" is based around love. In fact you could say we talk about it too much. Now it's sounds like I'm trying to shove mine down your throat, which isn't the case >.>

I honestly don't know what else to say except for I agree. Sometimes I think we forget that Jesus was an example to us, and Jesus loved everybody, even the ones that hated him.
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd wrote:Poor Watermelon gods couldn't didn't see it coming

Image NS:|
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd
Wendell
Wendell

Have thanks: 5 time
Highscores: 11

Postby Chuey » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:54 pm

My thing with Christianity is that I don't follow it very... traditionally. I barely follow it at all. I believe there is an upper being, I feel that a Heaven exists, but I feel like the Bible is a book filled with false stories to illustrate the common happenings of today, somewhat as Greek mythology did. Except, the funny little mythical stories provide me humor or interest while the Bible only angers me. I feel as if in today's world that concepts of religion ARE thrown down throats as you say you have done yourself, and I don't believe it should be like that. Church is a joke to me; it's all about money. If people truly believe in God and praying, they may do so in their own home. There is no point in praying at a church and hearing someone preach; the entire point of prayer is that you have a connection with a deity that you believe in and may connect to. This is not Egypt, we do not need a special messenger to pray through. If people go to church thinking they can pray there and nowhere else, there is the entire idea of 'donations'. A scam in my opinion.

But anyway, I myself do sin, apologize to God, but repeat my own mistakes time to time. At times more often than others. I do not think about religion very often, I must say I hardly do at all. I believe more in living for myself than to prove myself worthy for another, though I do have the basic mindset that someone above the clouds is watching me. But really, unless I have a dire request or apology to make, none of which in my life time have stood out thanks to my mistakes or the non-necessity of the request (not noticed at the time), I don't involve God or religion in my life at all. I go about my own problems myself, and don't need guidance from anyone but from my parents, sometimes my teachers, and from the support of my friends. Although, thinking more "religiously" for a moment, isn't that what God is? Let me contradict my unholy post; a heavenly being that may be trusted by all can be reflected as parents, teachers, and friends as a heavenly being as such is supposedly the one that can be trusted and thanked above all. But really, I don't make much of it. At least, in this part of my life.

I normally refrain from religion topics or end up locking them because either my own posts cause conflict (and this one probably will) or others cause it.
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey

Have thanks: 9 time
Highscores: 24

Postby NoCompz43 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:24 pm

Chuey wrote:My thing with Christianity is that I don't follow it very... traditionally. I barely follow it at all. I believe there is an upper being, I feel that a Heaven exists, but I feel like the Bible is a book filled with false stories to illustrate the common happenings of today, somewhat as Greek mythology did. Except, the funny little mythical stories provide me humor or interest while the Bible only angers me. I feel as if in today's world that concepts of religion ARE thrown down throats as you say you have done yourself, and I don't believe it should be like that. Church is a joke to me; it's all about money. If people truly believe in God and praying, they may do so in their own home. There is no point in praying at a church and hearing someone preach; the entire point of prayer is that you have a connection with a deity that you believe in and may connect to. This is not Egypt, we do not need a special messenger to pray through. If people go to church thinking they can pray there and nowhere else, there is the entire idea of 'donations'. A scam in my opinion.

But anyway, I myself do sin, apologize to God, but repeat my own mistakes time to time. At times more often than others. I do not think about religion very often, I must say I hardly do at all. I believe more in living for myself than to prove myself worthy for another, though I do have the basic mindset that someone above the clouds is watching me. But really, unless I have a dire request or apology to make, none of which in my life time have stood out thanks to my mistakes or the non-necessity of the request (not noticed at the time), I don't involve God or religion in my life at all. I go about my own problems myself, and don't need guidance from anyone but from my parents, sometimes my teachers, and from the support of my friends. Although, thinking more "religiously" for a moment, isn't that what God is? Let me contradict my unholy post; a heavenly being that may be trusted by all can be reflected as parents, teachers, and friends as a heavenly being as such is supposedly the one that can be trusted and thanked above all. But really, I don't make much of it. At least, in this part of my life.

I normally refrain from religion topics or end up locking them because either my own posts cause conflict (and this one probably will) or others cause it.

This is my first post in a really long time but, I have to agree with you. Like my beliefs are very Lutheran and Protestant. I believe that we shouldn't need to go to have a priest to praise an upper being, we can do this in our homes. Same with confessions. A person does not have the power to wipe away sin, only God can do so. At the Catholic school I am at, I feel like religion is being forced down my throat. Like everything I do must be in worship of God. They make it seem like you can't do anything without sinning and such, and if you do these things, you will go to Hell. Honestly there is nothing proving to me that there is a definite Heaven, so why waste time on Earth worrying about it. I choose to enjoy life everyday by doing what I think is right and not having to worry about salvation. I still believe in a God and an afterlife, just things cannot be known. So in conclusion, my beliefs are somewhere between agnostic and Lutheran.
Image Image

It takes less than 10 notes to impress someone, more than a million to be remembered.
NoCompz43
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Have thanks: 1 time
Highscores: 1

Postby Registeel_Rules » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:42 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with you star!

As to no compz post, in reality its an interesting coincidence that many people who go to catholic schools usually end up aetheist. I have a friend who goes to one and he says that they really do shove religion down his throat. And that is not how; in my opinion, the bible should be interpreted.
"Stop laughing! I am evil!" -Veigar, the Tiny Master of Evil

Registeel_Rules
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Have thanks: 1 time

Return to The Fireplace