Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

Is it possible

The deepest conversations are moving, inspired, and sometimes touchy. Take a break from the bustling world for a minute and speak from the heart.

Is it possible

Postby Calico_Lover » Sun May 09, 2010 9:18 pm

for opposing political parties to stfu and compromise? Not on everything, because that is impossible, but I don't get the YOU MUST CHOOSE ONE PARTY AND HATE THE OTHER PARTY'S(IES') IDEAS AND ALL THAT THEY STAND FOR concept.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Calico_Lover
Administrator
Administrator

Have thanks: 6 time
Highscores: 26

Re: Is it possible

Postby Luigi_Freak_The_23rd » Sun May 09, 2010 9:23 pm

This is why I hate Politics. They can't stop fighting and making the other party look bad for one second. It's just annoying.
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd wrote:Poor Watermelon gods couldn't didn't see it coming

Image NS:|
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd
Wendell
Wendell

Have thanks: 5 time
Highscores: 11

Postby Darkbuster13 » Sun May 09, 2010 9:24 pm

The word Bipartisan exists, so I suppose it IS possible.

Is it being done right now? No, not really.
"Those are some nice BOWLING SHOES." -President Obama

"La risa que procede de leve causa es tontería."
Darkbuster13
Tingle
Tingle

Have thanks: 6 time
Highscores: 24

Postby Baconator25 » Sun May 09, 2010 9:35 pm

I hate how everyone joins a party and agrees with EVERY SINGLE ONE of their policies. Seriously, have a sense of individuality. It honestly annoys me when people label themselves/other people as a "democrat" or "republican".

I guess this is more or less your typical statement from a person who has no interest in politics whatsoever, but it still bothers me.
^^I want to be cool and have one of these!
Baconator25
Alpha Metroid
Alpha Metroid

Have thanks: 13 time
Highscores: 29

Postby AlakazamBrain » Mon May 10, 2010 3:33 pm

In quick response, it's true. This is the problem with the US... the U is a little misleading. The entire country is completely divided. I'd say about 45% are truly right-wing, about 45% are left wing, and another 10% will swing. This isn't really a great way for a country to run. It means that at any time 45% of people are unhappy. That's why, no matter who is in power, it seems like there is always riots, protests, etc.

I see where Mike is coming from, but unfortunately, the US has two major parties. The truth is, if you support someone who better represents you who isn't a democrat or republican, you really are throwing your vote away (unfortunately). Imagine you liked the idea of income tax (for you) at 20% (you believe this will provide the best government service without costing too much). Republicans offer 5% taxes for you, democrats offer 30%. You disagree with both, but you might have to compromise yourself to a party.

As for compromise between parties, there is no need to. At any time you have 45% support. All you need to do is convince that 10% you are right and your idea goes through exactly the way you want it to be. Why compromise when you can throw money at people to support you?

As a quick reference to Canada's system, there are three major parties, representing right, middle, and left wing (although each party is lefter than their US equivalents). You need 50% to pass a bill (none of this super majority crap). You might have a party have over 50% power (all bills passed) or you will have to compromise with another party for them to support you. There is the compromise, it exists in Canada (sometimes). However, problems occur when people don't want to compromise...
Chuey wrote:I know you enjoy screwing with me. >_>

AlakazamBrain
Jack
Jack

Have thanks: 4 time
Highscores: 22

Return to The Fireplace