Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

Ontario's Sexual Education Curriculum Gets a Facelift

The deepest conversations are moving, inspired, and sometimes touchy. Take a break from the bustling world for a minute and speak from the heart.

Re: Ontario's Sexual Education Curriculum Gets a Facelift

Postby Baconator25 » Mon May 17, 2010 5:24 pm

AlakazamBrain wrote: With it in the curriculum, these questions will get answered correctly.
Just a quick thing I want to say about that last part... I don't think the questions being answered correctly will do anything; Kids are inevitably going to learn the correct answer in time. I think something along the lines of "these questions will be answered in a better manner" is what you're looking for... I mean... They have access to Wikipedia and UrbanDictionary. Without a doubt they're going to look things up out of curiosity. Teaching it will remove the unknown factor.
^^I want to be cool and have one of these!
Baconator25
Alpha Metroid
Alpha Metroid

Have thanks: 13 time
Highscores: 29

Postby AlakazamBrain » Mon May 17, 2010 6:59 pm

Baconator25 wrote:
AlakazamBrain wrote: With it in the curriculum, these questions will get answered correctly.
Just a quick thing I want to say about that last part... I don't think the questions being answered correctly will do anything; Kids are inevitably going to learn the correct answer in time. I think something along the lines of "these questions will be answered in a better manner" is what you're looking for... I mean... They have access to Wikipedia and UrbanDictionary. Without a doubt they're going to look things up out of curiosity. Teaching it will remove the unknown factor.

And we probably do want to remove the unknown factor. It's true, we do have access to urban dictionary, but I wouldn't call urban dictionary the best source. Urban dictionary is more of a joke than to be taken seriously (albeit Wikipedia is serious).

Ultimately, sex ed programs are designed to educate kids on sexuality and keep them from being sexual active/engaging in unsafe sex. If sex is this exciting unknown that kids are curious about, they'll engage in it. As soon as you remove the unknown, it removes the curiousity.
Chuey wrote:I know you enjoy screwing with me. >_>

AlakazamBrain
Jack
Jack

Have thanks: 4 time
Highscores: 22

Postby Chuey » Tue May 18, 2010 4:41 pm

AlakazamBrain wrote:If sex is this exciting unknown that kids are curious about, they'll engage in it. As soon as you remove the unknown, it removes the curiousity.

I know this is serious discussion but I've already voiced my opinions (I still haven't looked at that book though, it's not exactly something I plan to do when I have other things on my mind most of the time) so I felt like saying this one remark that, although it may be considered fresh, it certainly gets the point across.

Curiosity killed the cat.

Just sayin'. .-.
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey

Have thanks: 9 time
Highscores: 24

Previous

Return to The Fireplace