Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

More problems (of course)

Whether it's about the forum, your computer, or anything else, stop here for help!

More problems (of course)

Postby GigaMetroid99 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:30 pm

So my speakers won't work. They haven't worked since my computer was fixed, but I figured maybe I'd get them to work somehow. I've checked a ton of times, and they're connected properly and everything, but when I check sound devices, it clearly says that there is no audio device connected. When I turn the speakers on, the little green power lights comes on, and I even get that little crackly noise when I unplug some cables and plug them back in while they're on. So I think the problem is not the speakers themselves, but my computer.
Image Image

Image <-- Counterfeit Zapdos Doll

Luigi_Freak_the_23rd wrote:Because Black and White together is Grey right? Educate;

Just like how Red and Blue make Yellow

And how Gold and Silver make Crystal

And how Ruby and Sapphire make Emerald

And how Diamond and Pear make Platinum Educate;
GigaMetroid99
Wendell
Wendell

Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 6

Re: More problems (of course)

Postby Chuey » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:10 pm

I did a little research and I believe this process should help fix your sound problem.

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-5457-no-audio-no-sound-device-and-troubleshoot-is wrote:Go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Adminstrative Tools->Services

Then locate in the list of services "Windows Audio". Open this service

If this service is showing with a Startup type set to Disabled then Select "Automatic" from the drop down list then hit apply. Then click the "Start" button.

If this service is showing with a Startup type set to Manual then Select "Automatic" from the drop down list then hit apply. Then click the "Start" button.

Next Go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Sounds and Audio Devices then select the Volume Tab then put a tick in the box marked "Place Volume Icon in the Task Bar" then click apply.

With a bit of luck and following wind you should now have your sound restored.
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey

Have thanks: 9 time
Highscores: 24

Re: More problems (of course)

Postby GigaMetroid99 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:49 pm

What if the Windows Audio thing is already set to Automatic, but the Audio Devices box still doesn't let you click anything because it thinks there are no speakers?
Image Image

Image <-- Counterfeit Zapdos Doll

Luigi_Freak_the_23rd wrote:Because Black and White together is Grey right? Educate;

Just like how Red and Blue make Yellow

And how Gold and Silver make Crystal

And how Ruby and Sapphire make Emerald

And how Diamond and Pear make Platinum Educate;
GigaMetroid99
Wendell
Wendell

Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 6

Return to The Support Center