Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

Random Discussion Thread

The meals inspire every topic under the sun. Free your mind, say what you like! Fries are $3.99!

Re: Something pointed out to me the other day

Postby RayquazaMaster » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:24 pm

AlakazamBrain wrote:@RM

When G/S came out, the plot was already similar to that of R/B, but there were very drastic improvements to the actual game to make it interesting. R/S had tons of new little tricks, events, and was really well done (contests, natures, abilities, double battles, secret bases, etc.) and the sort of "bad guy" plot was changed a bit and had a stranger, but unique motive (aqua vs. magma).

D/P's plot, at least for me, was like the original R/B plot with different names. All they did was make your rival run faster, rename Team Rocket "Team Galactic", and practically changed nothing else. They practically just recycled ideas from every game and made them into either better or worse versions (personally, I loved R/S contests, D/P's super contests... not so much). The underground was an interesting twist... but considering to really do anything you had to have someone else got a bit dull. Another thing, the amount of legendary pokémon added in the fourth gen is ridiculous, who seriously wants another 4/5 event pokémon in addition to tons of legendaries in the game. Also, Cynthia being the champion I think was the most predictable champion yet.

I guess I expected a bunch of new game mechanics with D/P like we got in R/S, and a bunch of really cool new things to do. D/P really did not deliver on this and didn't really have many fresh ideas. The DS had room for so much to be done, and the developers really didn't take advantage of this.

If I need to explain why PBR was a disappoint it is because you haven't played PBR after playing Colosseum or XD.

@Chuey - HG/SS will be Nintendo's big chance to get things right. They have had a lot of time to do thinking and such, a lot of time. If we get something really good, it will be from these two games.

Team Rocket didn't want to destroy the universe. They were just stereotypical bad guys. Team Galactic was awesome. They actually made Pokemon sort of sci-fi.
Also, yes, the normal contests in RSE were a lot better.
But I like games with lots of legendaries. And how was Cynthia predictable?
Also, I'll have you know you're insulting a character I have a crush on.
Image
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Jimmy_Neutron_Galaxy/index/ My Jimmy Neutron site. Join, please.
http://s1.zetaboards.com/PokeTown_2/index/ My Pokemon forum. Join, please.
User avatar
RayquazaMaster
Waluigi
Waluigi
 
Posts: 3099
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:27 pm
Location: Sky Tower Summit, 9th floor
Has thanked: 4 time
Have thanks: 229 time

Re: Something pointed out to me the other day

Postby AlakazamBrain » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:28 pm

RayquazaMaster wrote:
AlakazamBrain wrote:@RM

When G/S came out, the plot was already similar to that of R/B, but there were very drastic improvements to the actual game to make it interesting. R/S had tons of new little tricks, events, and was really well done (contests, natures, abilities, double battles, secret bases, etc.) and the sort of "bad guy" plot was changed a bit and had a stranger, but unique motive (aqua vs. magma).

D/P's plot, at least for me, was like the original R/B plot with different names. All they did was make your rival run faster, rename Team Rocket "Team Galactic", and practically changed nothing else. They practically just recycled ideas from every game and made them into either better or worse versions (personally, I loved R/S contests, D/P's super contests... not so much). The underground was an interesting twist... but considering to really do anything you had to have someone else got a bit dull. Another thing, the amount of legendary pokémon added in the fourth gen is ridiculous, who seriously wants another 4/5 event pokémon in addition to tons of legendaries in the game. Also, Cynthia being the champion I think was the most predictable champion yet.

I guess I expected a bunch of new game mechanics with D/P like we got in R/S, and a bunch of really cool new things to do. D/P really did not deliver on this and didn't really have many fresh ideas. The DS had room for so much to be done, and the developers really didn't take advantage of this.

If I need to explain why PBR was a disappoint it is because you haven't played PBR after playing Colosseum or XD.

@Chuey - HG/SS will be Nintendo's big chance to get things right. They have had a lot of time to do thinking and such, a lot of time. If we get something really good, it will be from these two games.

Team Rocket didn't want to destroy the universe. They were just stereotypical bad guys. Team Galactic was awesome. They actually made Pokemon sort of sci-fi.
Also, yes, the normal contests in RSE were a lot better.
But I like games with lots of legendaries. And how was Cynthia predictable?
Also, I'll have you know you're insulting a character I have a crush on.

Who, your rival? :P

Team Rocket and Team Galactic felt similar to we. The location and timing of the hideout, the names (of the teams), and the overall everything. Yeah, different motives, but they just felt too similar.

Cynthia was predictable because you saw her throughout the game and their was no other character who fulfilled the role of this quite like her. Other champions appeared very late in the game or sort of set themselves up as just helping the cause.
Image
Image
Chuey wrote:I know you enjoy screwing with me. >_>

Image
User avatar
AlakazamBrain
Jack
Jack
 
Posts: 3270
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:28 pm
Location: Where the river narrows
Has thanked: 6 time
Have thanks: 4 time
Highscores: 22

Re: Something pointed out to me the other day

Postby Chuey » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:32 pm

AlakazamBrain wrote:
RayquazaMaster wrote:
AlakazamBrain wrote:@RM

When G/S came out, the plot was already similar to that of R/B, but there were very drastic improvements to the actual game to make it interesting. R/S had tons of new little tricks, events, and was really well done (contests, natures, abilities, double battles, secret bases, etc.) and the sort of "bad guy" plot was changed a bit and had a stranger, but unique motive (aqua vs. magma).

D/P's plot, at least for me, was like the original R/B plot with different names. All they did was make your rival run faster, rename Team Rocket "Team Galactic", and practically changed nothing else. They practically just recycled ideas from every game and made them into either better or worse versions (personally, I loved R/S contests, D/P's super contests... not so much). The underground was an interesting twist... but considering to really do anything you had to have someone else got a bit dull. Another thing, the amount of legendary pokémon added in the fourth gen is ridiculous, who seriously wants another 4/5 event pokémon in addition to tons of legendaries in the game. Also, Cynthia being the champion I think was the most predictable champion yet.

I guess I expected a bunch of new game mechanics with D/P like we got in R/S, and a bunch of really cool new things to do. D/P really did not deliver on this and didn't really have many fresh ideas. The DS had room for so much to be done, and the developers really didn't take advantage of this.

If I need to explain why PBR was a disappoint it is because you haven't played PBR after playing Colosseum or XD.

@Chuey - HG/SS will be Nintendo's big chance to get things right. They have had a lot of time to do thinking and such, a lot of time. If we get something really good, it will be from these two games.

Team Rocket didn't want to destroy the universe. They were just stereotypical bad guys. Team Galactic was awesome. They actually made Pokemon sort of sci-fi.
Also, yes, the normal contests in RSE were a lot better.
But I like games with lots of legendaries. And how was Cynthia predictable?
Also, I'll have you know you're insulting a character I have a crush on.

Who, your rival? :P

Team Rocket and Team Galactic felt similar to we. The location and timing of the hideout, the names (of the teams), and the overall everything. Yeah, different motives, but they just felt too similar.

Cynthia was predictable because you saw her throughout the game and their was no other character who fulfilled the role of this quite like her. Other champions appeared very late in the game or sort of set themselves up as just helping the cause.

I had been completely surprised about Steven. He seemed like a random character to help you progress the story and you never hear about him again.

@ Rai: Well, this did have to do with video games, so, eh... it's not as bad off-topic as it has gotten in the past. I'm letting it slide since we're getting a conversation going. <_<
Image
User avatar
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey
 
Posts: 20654
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:13 pm
Location: New York City or Western MA
Has thanked: 3 time
Have thanks: 9 time
Highscores: 24

Re: Something pointed out to me the other day

Postby AlakazamBrain » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:18 pm

Chuey wrote:
AlakazamBrain wrote:
RayquazaMaster wrote:
AlakazamBrain wrote:@RM

When G/S came out, the plot was already similar to that of R/B, but there were very drastic improvements to the actual game to make it interesting. R/S had tons of new little tricks, events, and was really well done (contests, natures, abilities, double battles, secret bases, etc.) and the sort of "bad guy" plot was changed a bit and had a stranger, but unique motive (aqua vs. magma).

D/P's plot, at least for me, was like the original R/B plot with different names. All they did was make your rival run faster, rename Team Rocket "Team Galactic", and practically changed nothing else. They practically just recycled ideas from every game and made them into either better or worse versions (personally, I loved R/S contests, D/P's super contests... not so much). The underground was an interesting twist... but considering to really do anything you had to have someone else got a bit dull. Another thing, the amount of legendary pokémon added in the fourth gen is ridiculous, who seriously wants another 4/5 event pokémon in addition to tons of legendaries in the game. Also, Cynthia being the champion I think was the most predictable champion yet.

I guess I expected a bunch of new game mechanics with D/P like we got in R/S, and a bunch of really cool new things to do. D/P really did not deliver on this and didn't really have many fresh ideas. The DS had room for so much to be done, and the developers really didn't take advantage of this.

If I need to explain why PBR was a disappoint it is because you haven't played PBR after playing Colosseum or XD.

@Chuey - HG/SS will be Nintendo's big chance to get things right. They have had a lot of time to do thinking and such, a lot of time. If we get something really good, it will be from these two games.

Team Rocket didn't want to destroy the universe. They were just stereotypical bad guys. Team Galactic was awesome. They actually made Pokemon sort of sci-fi.
Also, yes, the normal contests in RSE were a lot better.
But I like games with lots of legendaries. And how was Cynthia predictable?
Also, I'll have you know you're insulting a character I have a crush on.

Who, your rival? :P

Team Rocket and Team Galactic felt similar to we. The location and timing of the hideout, the names (of the teams), and the overall everything. Yeah, different motives, but they just felt too similar.

Cynthia was predictable because you saw her throughout the game and their was no other character who fulfilled the role of this quite like her. Other champions appeared very late in the game or sort of set themselves up as just helping the cause.

I had been completely surprised about Steven. He seemed like a random character to help you progress the story and you never hear about him again.

@ Rai: Well, this did have to do with video games, so, eh... it's not as bad off-topic as it has gotten in the past. I'm letting it slide since we're getting a conversation going. <_<

Notice how I never mentioned Steven. Steven was surprising because you didn't really expect it. Although, he really was the perfect person to be the champion.

Cynthia, although ideal for the role of champion, was too predictable and didn't have the same "OMG" moment I got from other pokémon games.
Image
Image
Chuey wrote:I know you enjoy screwing with me. >_>

Image
User avatar
AlakazamBrain
Jack
Jack
 
Posts: 3270
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:28 pm
Location: Where the river narrows
Has thanked: 6 time
Have thanks: 4 time
Highscores: 22

Re: Something pointed out to me the other day

Postby PichuBro4 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:12 pm

Well, this thread isn't exactly headed back to the original discussion.

Oh well.
Image
User avatar
PichuBro4
Moblin
Moblin
 
Posts: 2964
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:39 pm
Location: I'm sorry, you need an NSC GOLD ACCOUNT to view this information.
Has thanked: 3 time
Have thanks: 3 time
Highscores: 3

Re: Something pointed out to me the other day

Postby Weriik » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:08 am

Educate;
RayquazaMaster wrote:
Turtwig_Fan wrote:
RayquazaMaster wrote:
Chuey wrote:
RayquazaMaster wrote:
Star125 wrote:Stick with the video games, Chucon. o-o

I agree. But I'm going to be a paleontologist, a video game designer, and president of the Pokemon Company. So, if you want, Chuey, you can join me with any one of those, preferably video game designing.

Great spirit and attitude, but I don't think the last suggestion will go through... o-o

You mean joining me? But why not? I thought you wanted to design video games!


Poke'mon wont last another 14 years, they are already running out of ideas when it comes to new pokemon. and theres only so much they can do before fans want more pokemon then the process continues with the same line of games and features they should of had in the other games.

That's what you think. I have enough ideas I can send to them to last another 4 generations at the very least!
Calico_Lover wrote:
Metroid05 wrote:
RayquazaMaster wrote:
NoCompz43 wrote:So Chuey... how well is your song writting :D:

My guess is pretty good.
But, Chuster, if you ever need help writing a theme song, just ask me! I can write theme music pretty well! I've written 3 songs so far!
Would you mind sharing the songs you have written so far?

Today's gonna be great!
It's gonna be great!
Gonna be great!
To-day's-gon-na-be-a-won-der!
A wonderful day!

Not what I meant by theme song.
Do you really want to hear some? Here's one:
It's a brand new day, and a
brand new battle!
Friend or foe, it doesn't matter!
Cheering on the friends
taking down the foes,
essentially doing the same thing!
Being yourself!
And doing your best!
You can be the
ultimate champion!
Win the battle, and
be the master!
Being yourself!
And doing your best!
Maybe not all the time,
probably most of the time!
You
will
win!


I wonder where mario party 9 went Educate;
ImageImage
User avatar
Weriik
Treecko
Treecko
 
Posts: 4283
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:45 am
Location: :noitacoL
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2 time

Re: Something pointed out to me the other day

Postby Roboryantron » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:27 am

But you guys a forgetting this, lyrics almost mean nothing now. The songs with the worst/weirdest/most explicit lyrics do best because some kids think its funny (ie; I Kissed A Girl). But lyrics arethe easy part of a song, I could never write a full song if my life depended on it.
Image
User avatar
Roboryantron
Treecko
Treecko
 
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:36 pm
Location: Those are some mad poofy pants
Has thanked: 5 time
Have thanks: 1 time

Re: Something pointed out to me the other day

Postby NoCompz43 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:02 pm

Roboryantron wrote:But you guys a forgetting this, lyrics almost mean nothing now. The songs with the worst/weirdest/most explicit lyrics do best because some kids think its funny (ie; I Kissed A Girl). But lyrics arethe easy part of a song, I could never write a full song if my life depended on it.


That is very true.. in pop. But what about rock. The rock artists still have meaning full lyrics that do chart. For example lets take Linkin Park's newest song, that's #1 right now. It has fairly good lyrics, like every other song on the rock chart.
Image Image

It takes less than 10 notes to impress someone, more than a million to be remembered.
User avatar
NoCompz43
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
 
Posts: 3621
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:39 pm
Location: Playing bass somewhere
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 1 time
Highscores: 1

Re: Something pointed out to me the other day

Postby AlakazamBrain » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:02 pm

Roboryantron wrote:But you guys a forgetting this, lyrics almost mean nothing now. The songs with the worst/weirdest/most explicit lyrics do best because some kids think its funny (ie; I Kissed A Girl). But lyrics arethe easy part of a song, I could never write a full song if my life depended on it.

Lyrics are not the easiest part of a song.

Ever wondered why some of the best songwriters get other people to write the lyrics? Well, because they are better at it. If you ever listen to a great lyricist, they use absolutely beautiful language. They use metaphors, similes, idioms, and words that just melt the soul. Lyrics are very tricky to do really well, try listening to some songs that had someone who didn't write the music write the lyrics, you notice a difference.

As for the I Kissed A Girl song, the song became popular for the tune, not the lyrics. I think we can all agree on that.

As for Nocompz comment about "in pop" music, most of the music in todays mainstream isn't really pop. There isn't really many pop artists really recording right now. Right now, mainstream is this sort of alternative, hip hop mix. As for rock songs, they vary. There are some great rock songs with great lyrics, there are some absolutely horrible ones too.
Image
Image
Chuey wrote:I know you enjoy screwing with me. >_>

Image
User avatar
AlakazamBrain
Jack
Jack
 
Posts: 3270
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:28 pm
Location: Where the river narrows
Has thanked: 6 time
Have thanks: 4 time
Highscores: 22

Re: Something pointed out to me the other day

Postby NoCompz43 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:28 pm

AlakazamBrain wrote:As for Nocompz comment about "in pop" music, most of the music in todays mainstream isn't really pop. There isn't really many pop artists really recording right now. Right now, mainstream is this sort of alternative, hip hop mix. As for rock songs, they vary. There are some great rock songs with great lyrics, there are some absolutely horrible ones too.


I meant the hip hop music, with the whole Lady GaGa thing. Her lyrics are all about partying and sexual content. Disco stick song, Just Dance, and the other one she has. The same thing with Katy Perry. I Kissed a Girl, Waking Up in Vegas, they're all about partying. You could take 100 random songs that are on the local hit music station and at least 75 of those songs will relate to sex or partying.

Now leading onto what you said about the rock songs with terrible lyrics, I know they are out there. If I pulled 100 songs off a local rock station you will get maybe 30 songs that relate to partying and sexual content.

When's the last time you heard a song on a hits station that related to a real issue and/or the artist wrote completely themselves. All parts. I could easily find tons on a rock station.
Image Image

It takes less than 10 notes to impress someone, more than a million to be remembered.
User avatar
NoCompz43
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
 
Posts: 3621
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:39 pm
Location: Playing bass somewhere
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 1 time
Highscores: 1

PreviousNext

Return to The Restaurant

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron
suspicion-preferred