Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

Random Discussion Thread

The meals inspire every topic under the sun. Free your mind, say what you like! Fries are $3.99!

Re: Something pointed out to me the other day

Postby AlakazamBrain » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:02 pm

NoCompz43 wrote:
AlakazamBrain wrote:As for Nocompz comment about "in pop" music, most of the music in todays mainstream isn't really pop. There isn't really many pop artists really recording right now. Right now, mainstream is this sort of alternative, hip hop mix. As for rock songs, they vary. There are some great rock songs with great lyrics, there are some absolutely horrible ones too.

I meant the hip hop music, with the whole Lady GaGa thing. Her lyrics are all about partying and sexual content. Disco stick song, Just Dance, and the other one she has. The same thing with Katy Perry. I Kissed a Girl, Waking Up in Vegas, they're all about partying. You could take 100 random songs that are on the local hit music station and at least 75 of those songs will relate to sex or partying.

Now leading onto what you said about the rock songs with terrible lyrics, I know they are out there. If I pulled 100 songs off a local rock station you will get maybe 30 songs that relate to partying and sexual content.

When's the last time you heard a song on a hits station that related to a real issue and/or the artist wrote completely themselves. All parts. I could easily find tons on a rock station.

So well put. Most of today's songs are about partying and finding new ways to ask people to have sex....

It has been a while since I have heard a [new] song that actual does have some meaning...
Chuey wrote:I know you enjoy screwing with me. >_>

AlakazamBrain
Jack
Jack

Have thanks: 4 time
Highscores: 22

Postby LegacyStrike » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:07 pm

Pop music is the worst written music. It is all about the beat or the tune of the song, which for me being a lead singer of a band. I really care about the lyrics as I love to sing along with a song. Pop on the other hand is just really bad rapping or just repeating the same verse about hundreds of times (Rhianna-Umbrella)
LegacyStrike
Mudkip
Mudkip

Have thanks: 1 time
Highscores: 1

Postby LegacyStrike » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:09 pm

NoCompz43 wrote:
AlakazamBrain wrote:As for Nocompz comment about "in pop" music, most of the music in todays mainstream isn't really pop. There isn't really many pop artists really recording right now. Right now, mainstream is this sort of alternative, hip hop mix. As for rock songs, they vary. There are some great rock songs with great lyrics, there are some absolutely horrible ones too.

I meant the hip hop music, with the whole Lady GaGa thing. Her lyrics are all about partying and sexual content. Disco stick song, Just Dance, and the other one she has. The same thing with Katy Perry. I Kissed a Girl, Waking Up in Vegas, they're all about partying. You could take 100 random songs that are on the local hit music station and at least 75 of those songs will relate to sex or partying.

Now leading onto what you said about the rock songs with terrible lyrics, I know they are out there. If I pulled 100 songs off a local rock station you will get maybe 30 songs that relate to partying and sexual content.

When's the last time you heard a song on a hits station that related to a real issue and/or the artist wrote completely themselves. All parts. I could easily find tons on a rock station.
When you find a song about sex/partying with rock it's usually written pretty dang great. Examples would be Nighttrain by Guns N' Roses or Love in an Elevator by Aerosmith. Both are just awesome songs. Great instrumentals and great lyrics.

Edit: Don't cuss.

You've found Cyber Coin 35!
LegacyStrike
Mudkip
Mudkip

Postby AlakazamBrain » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:10 pm

LegacyStrike wrote:Pop music is the worst written music. It is all about the beat or the tune of the song, which for me being a lead singer of a band. I really care about the lyrics as I love to sing along with a song. Pop on the other hand is just really bad rapping or just repeating the same verse about hundreds of times (Rhianna-Umbrella)

Hey, don't go dissing pop music.

Today's pop music is NOT true pop music. Rhianna's stuff is something completely different.

True pop music is that sort of light rock, light classical hybrid. It is absolutely wonderful. There is not much pop music out these days. The last true pop song I can really recall in recent memory would be "unwritten" by Natasha Bettingfield.

AlakazamBrain
Jack
Jack

Postby NoCompz43 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:19 pm

The only song that I can think of that's on my local hit radio station that actually has a meaning is Shinedown's "Second Chance" and that doesn't even belong on there.

Also another huge problem I have is that my mom hates my music, because it's too heavy (Aerosmith and all that stuff is not heavy) and apparently is poisoning me >_> but yet she and my sister listen to all the songs about partying (ie Fire Burning, I Know You Want Me, Waking Up In Vegas). It really sickens me.
Image Image

It takes less than 10 notes to impress someone, more than a million to be remembered.
NoCompz43
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby Luigi_Freak_The_23rd » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:53 pm

This thread went from Chuey being a Game Designer/Writter/Actor, to talking about Pokemon, and now we're talking about music.

wut?
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd wrote:Poor Watermelon gods couldn't didn't see it coming

Image NS:|
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd
Wendell
Wendell

Have thanks: 5 time
Highscores: 11

Postby Calico_Lover » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:59 pm

Luigi_Freak_The_23rd wrote:This thread went from Chuey being a Game Designer/Writter/Actor, to talking about Pokemon, and now we're talking about music.

wut?

Silly person, Cheey took part in the totally off-topic discussion, so therefore it will continue.
ImageImageImage
Calico_Lover
Administrator
Administrator

Have thanks: 6 time
Highscores: 26

Postby RayquazaMaster » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:20 pm

Calico_Lover wrote:
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd wrote:This thread went from Chuey being a Game Designer/Writter/Actor, to talking about Pokemon, and now we're talking about music.

wut?

Silly person, Cheey took part in the totally off-topic discussion, so therefore it will continue.

Lol woot!
Quite frankly, I don't really like music that much. And I despise pop and rap.
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Jimmy_Neutron_Galaxy/index/ My Jimmy Neutron site. Join, please.
http://s1.zetaboards.com/PokeTown_2/index/ My Pokemon forum. Join, please.
RayquazaMaster
Waluigi
Waluigi

Have thanks: 229 time

Re: Random Discussion Thread

Postby AlakazamBrain » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:27 pm

Man, would people quit hating pop...

I have said many times, the music you hear on the radio today is NOT pop music. Most of it is hip hop, rap, or some sort of mixture like that.

If you like rock music, odds are you like pop too. Pop music tends to be melodious and harmonious like classical music, but often uses some more rock instruments (like electric guitars).

Do not confuse Lady Gaga with pop, Lady Gaga is something completely different.

AlakazamBrain
Jack
Jack

Re: Random Discussion Thread

Postby PichuBro4 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:31 pm

Changing the topic title makes it not spam!
PichuBro4
Moblin
Moblin

Location: I'm sorry, you need an NSC GOLD ACCOUNT to view this information.
Have thanks: 3 time
Highscores: 3

PreviousNext

Return to The Restaurant