Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

Ranks at NSC

The meals inspire every topic under the sun. Free your mind, say what you like! Fries are $3.99!

Ranks at NSC

Postby Chuey » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:13 am

Hey everyone,
I recently organized my Photobucket account, and I know you're wondering: who even uses Photobucket anymore? Well anyway, I noticed I had a ton of rank images uploaded; moving them into an organized album broke the old rank thread. Oh well. I remember remaking the rank list since no one was ever going to reach 40,000 posts. Not even me! I had included more ranks at the beginning so people would get excited about ranking up, not that there were really powers to gain like with the original NSider. I compiled a small table that shows the rank lists together by post count. There were 131 ranks in the old old system; the system as of posting has 120 ranks.

You can see in the table that the new rank system takes longer to catch up to the old system but it did eventually pass the original system. I had been going for something more linear; the old system had ranks at specific numbers for "humorous" reasons such as an iconic 4444 or, with the Regirock/Regice/Registeel trio: 2370/2380/2390. The old system has less even progression until about Rank 74, where the NSider recollection ranks began and the count between each throwback rank was 101 posts. Due to the fluctuation of the value of needed posts to rank up in the old system, e.g. 170 posts needed from Rank 64 to 65 or 47 posts from Rank 35 to 36 after having a needed increase of 187 posts from Rank 32 to 33, there wasn't as much of a curve. Looking at this graphic I like that the newer list was more gradual until the very end and it also did not seek to reach 40,000 posts. xD All in all, none of this really matters, but I thought it was interesting to look at.

You'll want to zoom in on the file thanks to the image-shrinking mod on NSC!
Attachments
NSC Rank List.png
Comparison of Rank List from before and now (June 2016).
NSC Rank List.png (21.64 KiB) Viewed 100 times
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey

Have thanks: 9 time
Highscores: 24

Return to The Restaurant