Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

School Fundraising Taken to the Next Level

The deepest conversations are moving, inspired, and sometimes touchy. Take a break from the bustling world for a minute and speak from the heart.

Re: School Fundraising Taken to the Next Level

Postby Baconator25 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:04 pm

About the allowing it in middle school/ high school thing, I don't think it would be right either way. I don't know if this is for everyone (well I go to a private school, so I guess that's why it's different for me), but I had to apply to my high school. Now you (I don't really know who that you is directed at...) said that if this fund rasier was also in high school's, people would use it to apply to Harvard with an insanely high average. It would also be the same for middle schooler's applying for high school though, since they would have that 100 average to apply to the er "local Harvard High".

Anyway, my point, as awesome as it would be to have. It's a terrible idea. Unfair to people who work hard in the first place and unfair to those with less money.
^^I want to be cool and have one of these!
Baconator25
Alpha Metroid
Alpha Metroid

Have thanks: 13 time
Highscores: 29

Postby Roboryantron » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:34 am

Metroid05 wrote:About the allowing it in middle school/ high school thing, I don't think it would be right either way. I don't know if this is for everyone (well I go to a private school, so I guess that's why it's different for me), but I had to apply to my high school. Now you (I don't really know who that you is directed at...) said that if this fund rasier was also in high school's, people would use it to apply to Harvard with an insanely high average. It would also be the same for middle schooler's applying for high school though, since they would have that 100 average to apply to the er "local Harvard High".

Anyway, my point, as awesome as it would be to have. It's a terrible idea. Unfair to people who work hard in the first place and unfair to those with less money.

I think I would laugh historically if some kid taking the test to get into "local Harvard High" hands in his test with a $10 bill because he's so used to it.
Roboryantron
Treecko
Treecko

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby NoCompz43 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:41 pm

Oh Chuey I remember that so very well :D:

I would do it, only in desperate times.
Image Image

It takes less than 10 notes to impress someone, more than a million to be remembered.
NoCompz43
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Highscores: 1

Postby Star125 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:58 pm

Roboryantron wrote:I think I would laugh historically

lulz NS:P

Anyway, I think this is a terrible idea. This would teach students that they can solve all their problems with money. That's not how the world works. NS:|

Spoiler:

(5th gen Pokemon)
Star125
Skulltula
Skulltula

Have thanks: 6 time
Highscores: 38

Postby Calico_Lover » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:02 pm

Star125 wrote:

Anyway, I think this is a terrible idea. This would teach students that they can solve all their problems with money. That's not how the world works. NS:|

Not how it should work.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Calico_Lover
Administrator
Administrator

Have thanks: 6 time
Highscores: 26

Postby AlakazamBrain » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:30 pm

Since the issue has come up, there is a summer school in my educational district that is known as the "buy your mark" school. It is very well known that anyone who attends this school gets at least 95%. These are marks that would appear on your transcript and such and could be sent to a university.

Although not 110% or anything, many of the people I know do consider this buying marks, as getting, say, 95% in English is a task that is very difficult for anyone to achieve.
Chuey wrote:I know you enjoy screwing with me. >_>

AlakazamBrain
Jack
Jack

Have thanks: 4 time
Highscores: 22

Postby Roboryantron » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:07 pm

Star125 wrote:

Ah, Safari's spell check has failed me yet again. (I spelt hysterically histerically, and it gave me historically as the only choice, and I wasn't paying close attention) :D:
Roboryantron
Treecko
Treecko

Postby PikaMario99 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:47 pm

NO.

That defeats the entire point of the marks system. Anyone can pass if they can shell out a bit of money? HELL NO.
PikaMario99
Magikoopa
Magikoopa

Previous

Return to The Fireplace