Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

So, Toy Story 3...

The meals inspire every topic under the sun. Free your mind, say what you like! Fries are $3.99!

So, Toy Story 3...

Postby Darkbuster13 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:46 pm

Holy S***.

Never before did I think that Watching a movie in the theater was any different than watching it at home. But this movie, it proved me wrong. After seeing it, I know it would not have had the same impact on television.

If you have not seen it yet, get some money, go to your nearest movie theater, buy some Skittles and watch it (preferably in 3d). Seriously. This is a movie made for the big screen, and it is just as good, if not better than the previous movies.

Simply said, If you wait for this one to come to video, you will be missing out.

Also, I'm glad that my 3rd year of Spanish finally payed off. Spanish Buzz was, for a lack of better words, epic.

Also, I totally saw the Pizza Planet van, A113, and Luxo's ball. Did you?
"Those are some nice BOWLING SHOES." -President Obama

"La risa que procede de leve causa es tontería."
Darkbuster13
Tingle
Tingle

Have thanks: 6 time
Highscores: 24

Re: So, Toy Story 3...

Postby Roboryantron » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:25 pm

I didn't get to see it in 3D because my dad's cheap :'(
Roboryantron
Treecko
Treecko

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby RayquazaMaster » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:20 pm

I really want to see it! I don't have any plans for most of the summer, so maybe I'll see it soon! And then I'll see Eclipse once it comes out! *v*
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Jimmy_Neutron_Galaxy/index/ My Jimmy Neutron site. Join, please.
http://s1.zetaboards.com/PokeTown_2/index/ My Pokemon forum. Join, please.

RayquazaMaster has been thanked by:
RayquazaMaster
Waluigi
Waluigi

Have thanks: 229 time

Postby Chuey » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:33 pm

The movie was amazing. In the beginning... third of the movie I teared up twice. Different times too. I had spoiled the ending so I knew what would happen but the ending still made me tear up and cry. I held back as best I could to prevent making any noise, but if I could have, I would have been sobbing. And I don't know why. It was just so much.

But the movie was awesome. It was really funny and, well, spoiler.

Spoiler:
The monkey had me worried. I thought it was going to get them caught for sure. And at the end, when Lotso decided to not push the button I was shocked. I thought he had a sudden change-of-heart, but he didn't. Yet when the crane appeared I realized they were safe. Ha! And no, I didn't recognize Sid from the first movie till my parents told me about that, though I did pick up on the pizza truck reference in the credits.

So glad I saw it. It wasn't 3D, but it was awesome nonetheless.
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey

Have thanks: 9 time

Postby Darkbuster13 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:46 pm

Chuey wrote:The movie was amazing. In the beginning... third of the movie I teared up twice. Different times too. I had spoiled the ending so I knew what would happen but the ending still made me tear up and cry. I held back as best I could to prevent making any noise, but if I could have, I would have been sobbing. And I don't know why. It was just so much.

But the movie was awesome. It was really funny and, well, spoiler.

Spoiler:
The monkey had me worried. I thought it was going to get them caught for sure. And at the end, when Lotso decided to not push the button I was shocked. I thought he had a sudden change-of-heart, but he didn't. Yet when the crane appeared I realized they were safe. Ha! And no, I didn't recognize Sid from the first movie till my parents told me about that, though I did pick up on the pizza truck reference in the credits.

So glad I saw it. It wasn't 3D, but it was awesome nonetheless.

Spoiler:
The van was in the credits? I saw it when Lotso, the Baby and the clown were on their way back to the girl. They were sitting on a car's back bumper, and that car was the Pizza Planet van.

But the part for me was when the toys were about to go into the incinerator, and they just held each others' hands like they had given up and were welcoming their deaths together. It made me think, "They aren't seriously going to kill these guys off... are they?" Needless to say, I was so relieved when the aliens saved them with the claw (And what Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head told them afterward? Brilliant)

Also, Lotso's fate? Hilarious and well earned.

I've got more to say about the movie, but I'm still absorbing it. But needless to say, I'm definitely picking this up when it comes to DVD. (And if they make it, for 3DS too. :D: Gosh, I love how that machine will play 3D movies!)
Last edited by Darkbuster13 on Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darkbuster13
Tingle
Tingle

Postby Roboryantron » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:11 pm

Spoiler:
When the crane picked them up, I was immediately like, "It's the aliens." And I actually started tearing up when Andy was giving Mollie the toys. What are you guys talking about with Sid and the pizza truck??
Roboryantron
Treecko
Treecko

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby Darkbuster13 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:19 pm

Roboryantron wrote:
Spoiler:
When the crane picked them up, I was immediately like, "It's the aliens." And I actually started tearing up when Andy was giving Mollie the toys. What are you guys talking about with Sid and the pizza truck??

In almost every movie Pixar has ever made, they have hidden the Pizza Planet van in it in some way. (The Incredibles is the only film in which the van has not been found)

Spoiler:
And Sid, the rotten boy from the first Toy Story, was the garbage man at the beginning of the movie.

Darkbuster13
Tingle
Tingle

Postby Chuey » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:02 am

Spoiler:
The van wasn't in the credits, but someone was talking to the aliens, it might've been Mr. Potato Head, and he mentions the van and I remembered how he saved them. Also, I didn't catch the reference Mr. Potato Head made toward the end of the movie, saying, "You have saved our lives. We are eternally grateful." But that was awesome. And I didn't know Woody was going to be donated at the end. That really tore me apart. But it was sweet. The last playing with the toys with Bonnie really made me sad and happy at the same time.

See spoiler, no non-spoiling thoughts for this post. :D:
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey

Have thanks: 9 time

Postby GigaMetroid99 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:47 am

Actually, I found that, for the most part, the 3D effects were quite subtle, so I kind of wish I had gone to the regular showing. But yeah, it was an amazing movie. I would gladly see it again.

Spoiler:
Actually, when the claw came down, I thought it was Lotso, having had a change of heart. Oh well, he got what he deserved in the end. Also, that scene was so epic. I really thought it was the end for all the toys. I was tearing up when they all held hands and accepted their fate.
Image Image

Image <-- Counterfeit Zapdos Doll

Luigi_Freak_the_23rd wrote:Because Black and White together is Grey right? Educate;

Just like how Red and Blue make Yellow

And how Gold and Silver make Crystal

And how Ruby and Sapphire make Emerald

And how Diamond and Pear make Platinum Educate;
GigaMetroid99
Wendell
Wendell

Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 6

Postby AlakazamBrain » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:36 pm

I just saw Toy Story 3 (in 3D).

Spoiler:
My golly it's a lot darker. This has to be one of Disney's darkest films. The whole Orwellian government complete with Big Brother was rather unexpected (but added a lot of suspense to the movie). I'll admit, I didn't see Lotso's change of change of heart coming; most Disney films convert bad characters into good ones (or do something less harsh). But, overall, great movie.
Chuey wrote:I know you enjoy screwing with me. >_>

AlakazamBrain
Jack
Jack

Have thanks: 4 time
Highscores: 22

Next

Return to The Restaurant