Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

Sorry for throwing this out so suddenly

The deepest conversations are moving, inspired, and sometimes touchy. Take a break from the bustling world for a minute and speak from the heart.

Sorry for throwing this out so suddenly

Postby Luigi_Freak_The_23rd » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:28 am

I’ll make this as straight forward as possible. I’m not going to be around much for a while. I don’t really know what else to say. Basically I’m finally preparing to go on that mission I was supposed to go on since 3 years ago. My religion is a huge part of my life but for the past few years I’ve been so distracted by the internet, video games, anime, ect that I’ve been putting no time at all into actually preparing to actually go. I kept telling myself that I would get it together sometime but it’s been 3 years. I’m 22 and I haven’t moved an inch in my life since I graduated high school, and I feel like going on a mission is the next step for me to grow up I guess. To put it simply, because I am preparing to go, my internet access will be very very limited. That is to say I’ll only have it available when I’m at college. I don’t know how long exactly the preparations will take (3 to 6 months) but afterwards I will be gone for two years, assuming everything goes according to plan.

Soooo yeah rusg;
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd wrote:Poor Watermelon gods couldn't didn't see it coming

Image NS:|
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd
Wendell
Wendell

Have thanks: 5 time
Highscores: 11

Re: Sorry for throwing this out so suddenly

Postby Calico_Lover » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:23 am

You go girl! Get dat life together. renzor;
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Calico_Lover
Administrator
Administrator

Have thanks: 6 time
Highscores: 26

Postby Chuey » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:52 am

Aww man, I was wondering when this day would be coming. I know we talked about it somewhere along the likes of a year ago, if not even longer before. I think it was half-way during Joe's mission. I will miss you when you go, Jacob, even though I am horrible at conversation on Skype and stuff and do not act like a good friend. I hope you will still like video games when you come back :-[
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey

Have thanks: 9 time
Highscores: 24

Postby Star125 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:40 pm

Do what you think is best for you, but I'm really going to miss you.

Spoiler:

(5th gen Pokemon)
Star125
Skulltula
Skulltula

Highscores: 38

Postby Luigi_Freak_The_23rd » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:11 pm

Hey thanks

I was going to get on Skype but my college doesn't have it lol. I'm going to have to bring my computer next time.

Luigi_Freak_The_23rd
Wendell
Wendell

Postby Chuey » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:54 pm

Jacob, can you provide some more context as to what's going on? All of a sudden you're back at school, are you dorming or not allowed to use your computer at school? Mega focused? Is this related to your mission? We love you pal, please don't keep us in the complete dark. It's better a reply be brief than vague <3
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey

Have thanks: 9 time
Highscores: 24

Postby Luigi_Freak_The_23rd » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:11 pm

okay sorry so basically i hate you guys so i threw my internet out the window

Luigi_Freak_The_23rd
Wendell
Wendell

Postby Star125 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:15 pm

heyit'sjacob wrote:okay sorry so basically i hate you guys so i threw my internet out the window

you're not jacob i don't believe you

Spoiler:

(5th gen Pokemon)
Star125
Skulltula
Skulltula

Highscores: 38

Postby Luigi_Freak_The_23rd » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:32 pm

Chuey wrote:Jacob, can you provide some more context as to what's going on? All of a sudden you're back at school, are you dorming or not allowed to use your computer at school? Mega focused? Is this related to your mission? We love you pal, please don't keep us in the complete dark. It's better a reply be brief than vague <3

I realize that there might be some confusion still, and I know that I was being pretty vague when I made that post because I like to keep my life more personal, but as I’m about to leave for two years I think maybe I should give more context. Many of you have probably heard that members of The Church of Jesus Christ of latter-Day Saints, or Mormons as we’re called, live the commandments found in the scriptures pretty strictly. We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous in doing good to all men, ect. We’re just trying to be Christlike, much like most other Christian faiths. Basically because of this, without going into too much detail, in order to become a missionary I need to live worthily of it. The reason I left for 4ish months was because I was struggling to follow some more serious commandments. I didn’t go anywhere to fix my problem, I just stayed home. I asked my dad to change the internet password so I my focus on preparing to go on my mission rather than wasting all of my time. I did take a few religious classes but besides that I was home. I gradually started coming back after I had my problem resolved. The reason I have to be worthy for my mission is because I need to live what I teach basically, and also because we believe we are accountable for our own sins.

I am posting this because I am leaving very soon. Two and a half weeks! Because of this I want to once again stay away from distractions as I prepare for these last two weeks. I will no longer be able to play League of Legends or post in skype as much. I wanted to let you know that I strongly believe in my faith, so I want to tell you a little more about what I’ll be doing on my mission. As a missionary my primary focus in teaching will be to bring others to Jesus Christ and to teach about His gospel. I will be teaching people about His love for them and for everyone as well as his sacrifice, atonement and grace. I will also, as a Latter-Day Saint, be teaching LDS church doctrine as well, which includes talking about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. I strongly believe in the Bible and the Book of Mormon and most of the things I will be teaching will be from these books. One of the things I love most about our friendships is that we were never rude or judgmental about our differing beliefs. I am sorry if I ever came across this way, but please know that I appreciate you guys more than even I realize sometimes. I don’t know what’s going to happen to the Skypidites the two years I will be gone but I have felt recently that becoming adults has caused somewhat of a drift between us. I don’t know what’ll happen but I will be checking skype when I come back.

I won’t be on as much these next two weeks but I will be on for a short while probably every day. If any of you have any questions about what I’ll be doing for the next two years or just about Mormons in general I’d be happy to answer them. On July 22nd I will be gone though. Again, my email address on my mission will be [email protected], and I’ll be able to check and respond to my mail once a week. I’d be really happy to hear from you guys. I probably won’t know the address to wherever I’m staying until I get there, so if you want to send me snail mail just email me and I’ll give it to you when I know it.

Luigi_Freak_The_23rd
Wendell
Wendell

Return to The Fireplace