Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

Super Smash

Brawl it out with the greatest foes from the Nintendo franchise and more!

Super Smash

Postby Luigi_Freak_The_23rd » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:03 pm

A video I found on Youtube. I think it's actually really good.

Image
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd wrote:Poor Watermelon gods couldn't didn't see it coming

Image NS:|
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd
Wendell
Wendell
 
Posts: 4666
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:59 pm
Location: The power of your imagination :)
Has thanked: 4 time
Have thanks: 5 time
Highscores: 11

Re: Super Smash

Postby Darkbuster13 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:11 am

Stylistically, yeah, it's pretty wicked. And for some parts, the animation is pretty dang impressive as well.

The problem in attempting animation like this with a high frame count and such, is that it gets harder and harder to work in shortcuts and not make them seem out of place. For example, the running scene at 3:03 to 3:10 just seems lazy in comparison to some of the other scenes. I mean seriously, Bowser's opening steps look like they could have came out of a Disney movie. And a lot of the rest of the movie looks like it could have come from a decently produced anime. It's excelent for flash, but when the animation starts using flash techniques in obvious ways (Stretching a frame, turning and rotating a frame, etc.) It sort of takes away from it as a whole production
"Those are some nice BOWLING SHOES." -President Obama

"La risa que procede de leve causa es tontería."
Image
User avatar
Darkbuster13
Tingle
Tingle
 
Posts: 4099
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:28 pm
Location: Almost Heaven
Has thanked: 3 time
Have thanks: 6 time
Highscores: 24

Re: Super Smash

Postby Luigi_Freak_The_23rd » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:31 am

Shut up, you don't know anything.


Actually, I never noticed. It was kinda just TOO EPIC for me to notice :D: Now it will bug me for the rest of my life.

Edit: He also said in the description that this was his first flash animation.

"My first FLASH film"

So for his first flash animation, it's sure is impressive.
Image
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd wrote:Poor Watermelon gods couldn't didn't see it coming

Image NS:|
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd
Wendell
Wendell
 
Posts: 4666
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:59 pm
Location: The power of your imagination :)
Has thanked: 4 time
Have thanks: 5 time
Highscores: 11

Re: Super Smash

Postby Chuey » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:24 am

Music was awesome but to be honest, it just didn't "wow" me. Was like, "BOOM BAM oh whoops gotta power up like Popeye BOOM BAM SOME MORE go smoker luigi BOOM BOOM BAM!" So, not very entertaining. The Goth Peach was a turnoff too. Educate;
Image
User avatar
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey
 
Posts: 20654
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:13 pm
Location: New York City or Western MA
Has thanked: 3 time
Have thanks: 9 time
Highscores: 24

Re: Super Smash

Postby Baconator25 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:26 am

Chuey wrote:Music was awesome but to be honest, it just didn't "wow" me. Was like, "BOOM BAM oh whoops gotta power up like Popeye BOOM BAM SOME MORE go smoker luigi BOOM BOOM BAM!" So, not very entertaining. The Goth Peach was a turnoff too. Educate;
The thing that I found so amazing was not the storyline. It's that someone made those effects. The effects were absolutely stunning and that's what "wow"ed me.
Image
Image
^^I want to be cool and have one of these!
User avatar
Baconator25
Alpha Metroid
Alpha Metroid
 
Posts: 3849
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:08 pm
Location: The road to LF's house to get ice cream
Has thanked: 224 time
Have thanks: 13 time
Highscores: 29

Re: Super Smash

Postby Luigi_Freak_The_23rd » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:30 pm

Baconator25 wrote:
Chuey wrote:Music was awesome but to be honest, it just didn't "wow" me. Was like, "BOOM BAM oh whoops gotta power up like Popeye BOOM BAM SOME MORE go smoker luigi BOOM BOOM BAM!" So, not very entertaining. The Goth Peach was a turnoff too. Educate;
The thing that I found so amazing was not the storyline. It's that someone made those effects. The effects were absolutely stunning and that's what "wow"ed me.
Image
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd wrote:Poor Watermelon gods couldn't didn't see it coming

Image NS:|
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd
Wendell
Wendell
 
Posts: 4666
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:59 pm
Location: The power of your imagination :)
Has thanked: 4 time
Have thanks: 5 time
Highscores: 11


Return to Super Smash Brothers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron
suspicion-preferred