Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

The NSC Fan-Fic: Discord

Explore the never-ending maze of incredible literature at your disposal!

The NSC Fan-Fic: Discord

Postby Chuey » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:24 pm

It's about time for NSC's third fiction story to get going, and for anyone who's read or participated in either of the original two stories, the community here sure can come up with great works. This type of project is where someone writes a chapter at a time, and then a different person will work off of the preceding chapters to advance the story, but without contradicting it. This does act as a sequel to our first and second stories, so try not to contradict old details either. You don't have to read the stories, but I'll let you know if you do contradict something.

So, mainly everyone interested has already signed up, but if you haven't and honestly want to write, throw me a PM. We do take the story seriously so a 'prank chapter' or anything will be unacceptable and you won't be writing. But that hasn't happened with the first two stories so I doubt it will start. Now, who is writing what chapter will be listed below for common reference. It will be updated, so don't go off writing a chapter you're not supposed to. And when you finish your chapter, you must send it to me before you may post it. AB did a chapter-analysis via PM for the first story, and I did for the second. I myself did correct some grammatical points but also story-related ones as well. It's only helpful to send it to me and I will either give an A-Ok or point out some minor things that need quick tweaking before posting. There's a few more things to watch out for that I'll post as "rules".

General Chapter Guidelines
•Plagiarism isn't going to be accepted. Stealing other people's work is never okay. Inspiration, fine. But add your own twists and write it in your own words. But this is a never-ending reminder, the writers know this already.

•Ever since the first story, there's been a block on death and romance. This WILL be kept. Some folks on here have verbalized their wishes to allow these story elements, but deaths of NSC Members can bring fights and awkward romances. Anyone remember Sean and Storm? Anyway, just avoid these elements. It'll bring a better story, trust me.

•With content, make sure you avoid using real names of members who'd rather not have them used. Most people will be fine but make sure to check. Also, make sure your content is acceptable. Vulgar language will not be accepted and any obvious sexual innuendo will be thrown out. Lastly, content that might make someone else mad. Like an insult to a religion or belief. That's not cool. So just stay cool and watch yourself. No biggie.

Order Of Chapters
•Chapter 6: Roboryantron
•Chapter 7: RayquazaMaster
•Chapter 8: Chuey
•Chapter 9: AlakazamBrain
•Chapter 10: GigaMetroid99
•Chapter 11: Luigi_Freak_The_23rd
•Chapter 12: Storm39
•Chapter 13: Star125

Completed Chapters
Chapter 1 by AlakazamBrain
Chapter 2 by GigaMetroid99
Chapter 3 by Luigi_Freak_The_23rd
Chapter 4 by Storm39
Chapter 5 by [url=[url=http://www.nsidercommunity.freeforums.org/member/Star125]Star125[/url]

The Original Stories
The NSC Fan-Fic [1]
The NSC Fan-Fic: Silenced [2]
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey

Have thanks: 9 time
Highscores: 24

Chapter 1

Postby AlakazamBrain » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:01 pm

Forget what you know. The lives of the members of the NSider Community have changed forever. They are older, wiser, and stronger. However, they lack the faith they had when they were younger. They told stories of their childhood fantasies with many stranger and wonderful creatures in far off lands. Each person wanted a purpose, an adventure, and a raison d'être. When they were young, they could have it. They could use their wild imaginations combined with their inner creativity to create the world of their dreams. In that world they could place obstacles, enemies, and friends. Nothing can stop the dreams of a child.

They are not children any more. The ones who used to be brimming with energy are now brimming with pessimism. The reality of a cruel world has been accepted. It is one that no one is changing. The members yearn for love, money, and success; these items have yet to be seen. Each person used to be an individual; they have accepted they are just one in the crowd. Each face is the face of a person, a person who will live life. Little more, little less. They are born, used, and wasted. After each member dies, what will they have to show for themselves? Will they solve the greatest mysteries known to man? Will they cure a once incurable disease? Will they inspire a nation? Will they end poverty and hunger? Chances are they will not. Each one of those members will have their foolish childhood dreams that they could do anything they believed in, but will sooner or later accept a position in society in which they only move closer to death. Then our members will die. The only thing they will take to their grave are secrets and dreams, which will die with them. The only remains they will truly have are a bunch of bones. Yet, those bones could be of anyone. Look at the skeleton of a man who has done a lot in his life, it will not show any signs of being any more inspirational than the skeleton of a man who has not. We have only a few years in all of time to prove ourselves.

Maybe children should rule the world. After all, they still believe things can be made better. The world would be so much better if it were run by people who used words like "please," "will," and "can."

Now, what about the NSider Community? How are they doing? The answer is rather complex. After the destruction of their headquarters, they had little choice as for what to do. They could not escape the island, nor could they live on it. But, they would find a way. The users lived in the cabins made for Camp NSC and the shack. The admins lived in the shack while all of the other users lived in the cabins. There were four beds in the shack, but the cabins only had three beds. Some members had to sleep on beds made of grass, sand, and palm tree leaves. It was not an easy life.

The members lived on berries they found on an unexplored part of NSC island. No one could identify what the berries were, but whatever they were, they were enough to live on.

As you can imagine, the story of NSC island is in a bit of a stalemate. There was no way to escape, no easy access to water (all water was purified from the ocean), and no access to food. Not only that, but they had no access to any materials or anything to build anything. It was a hard life.

However, it is a lie to say that there was no way to escape, as that is where the story begins.

Cabin Three, where Mike, AlakazamBrain, and RayquazaMaster lived. Mike and AB were always up to something. Something daring and childish but always interesting. However, they were always highly secretive about what they were up to. RM on the other hand was a little out of the know of what Mike and AB were doing, unusually because he paid little attention to them. He really should have paid more attention to what they were about to do.

"AB, are you sure this is going to work?" Mike asked.

"Of course not, but it is worth a shot. The berries we have found lack a lot of water and have an usually high fat content. In theory, they are just what we need to get out of here," AB responded.

Mike grab the hollow branches of the palm trees and began attaching them to the house.

"Remember, those branches must be very firmly in place, otherwise, this will not work," AB shouted.

Mike placed the branches into the cabin and used some sort of duct tape to hold it in place.

"Alright, now, let's place the berries in these exhaust pipes!" AB exclaimed.

♠♠♠♠♠

The shack became nicknamed "The Almost Luxury Cabin." It is a mouthful, but accurate. Connor, Sean, and Norman lived in a paradise. They each had their own room complete with a functioning toilet. They had access to electricity and water. It was the easy life. Of course, what about the almost part? Poor Storm. He still gets the crappy room. His room's window broke when the headquarters exploded, so bugs get in every night. His new mattress had a female beetle in it, and as Storm would tell you that beetle had kids. Storm's water and electricity also does not work. It is not an easy life for him.

While Cabin Three was having fun, Connor was busy planning some great escape. Storm walked by Connor and said, "what are you planning?"

Connor turned to Storm and replied, "I have figured out how we can escape this island and rebuild. Here, look. We are going to go to the top of the mountain at NSC island. Then, we take a roof of one of the cabins, probably your roof since it is the lightest, and go gliding across the air, being helped by the wind, and we will land on shore, where we can get our stuff together to help rebuild the headquarters."

Storm could not help but snicker at this idea. "What a stupid idea!"

♠♠♠♠♠

Cabin One was another interesting site. In this cabin lived LuigiFreak, LaTerry, Star, and Dragon. Dragon was the one who got the bed made out of grass and palm tree leaves. It was not the most comfortable bed, but it was better than Storm's. That morning, Dragon decided to go for a walk around. It was a very nice day after all.

He could not help but notice in the distance some figures doing something. He carefully walked over there.

"Mike, AB, what are you two up to?" he asked.

Mike and AB looked at each other before Mike said, "We are redecorating our cabin."

"But with palm tree bark?"

"Oh, yes, yes," AB replied. "This will make our cabin much... newer."

"Well, maybe you two should clean your shirts once in a while. They are stained red," Dragon commented.

"We like our shirts stained red," Mike said.

Dragon knew something was going on, but could not be bothered to figure out, so he continued with his walk around.

♠♠♠♠♠

"That was a close one AB," Mike said with relief.

"I know, I know."

"But really AB, do we have to do this today?"

"Yes, yes, absolutely Mike. I've been keeping track of the days, it is now December. Have you noticed it is getting colder?"

"Yes, much colder."

"That's because winter is coming, and we can't survive a winter here. The barometer in our cabin suggests a storm is coming tomorrow. A big storm. It'll tear us apart unless we escape."

"Alright, I'll trust you AB."

The two completely filled all the hollow trees with the red berries.

"Now Mike, grab the mirror, open the window, and point the mirror at the end of the trees."

Mike grabbed the mirror from the wall, but he first looked at himself. He was definitely a little older than the last time he looked at himself in the mirror. However, he knew more. He was wiser. He was who he sorted of wanted to be.

"Come on Mike!"

With that, Mike pointed the mirror at the barks. Now, all the had to do was wait.

It was a long wait, but, as the sun began to point directly at the mirror, a sign of smoke appeared. The end of the bark were catching fire.

"Mike, we'll find out if it worked in only a few seconds. When these cabins were built, they were never attached to the ground. Therefore, with enough force like one from an explosion, we should be able to move the cabin. Quickly, remove all the heavy things we do not need," AB instructed.

Mike and AB tossed all of the beds out of the cabin. Anything that wasn't needed was tossed out. The cabin began to look bare.

After a few more seconds, Mike dared to ask the question, "Is it working?"

AB looked out the window; the fire had suddenly developed much larger and was moving more towards the cabin than towards the inside.

"It might not be. We might have just set our cabin on fire!"

However, just as he said that, the explosion was heard. It could be heard all across NSC island. It awoke anyone who was still asleep.

Mike and AB were lunged to the back of the cabin as the cabin accelerated towards the sea. It began to feel as if it was lifting off the ground. Never before has NSC truly seen a site as remarkable as a cabin flying away.

As the cabin began to land, it landed in the water, but still had enough momentum to keep going. The fire on the berries and the bark had been put out by the water when it landed. AB and Mike had escaped.

"AB it worked! We're free!" Mike exclaimed.

Suddenly, they heard another voice.

"What's happening guys?"

It was RM.
Last edited by AlakazamBrain on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chuey wrote:I know you enjoy screwing with me. >_>

AlakazamBrain
Jack
Jack

Have thanks: 4 time
Highscores: 22

Re: The NSC Fan-Fic: Discord

Postby RayquazaMaster » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:05 pm

Lol, good job, AB! Actually, that sounds quite a bit like me, once I was at a sleep-away camp for a night and I ended up paying very little attention to my cabinmates. They filled a pocket on my bag with toothpaste. XD
I can't wait for my chapter!
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Jimmy_Neutron_Galaxy/index/ My Jimmy Neutron site. Join, please.
http://s1.zetaboards.com/PokeTown_2/index/ My Pokemon forum. Join, please.

RayquazaMaster has been thanked by:
RayquazaMaster
Waluigi
Waluigi

Have thanks: 229 time

Postby Luigi_Freak_The_23rd » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:23 pm

Very nice beginning to the fan-fic AB. You're a very talented writer.
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd wrote:Poor Watermelon gods couldn't didn't see it coming

Image NS:|
Luigi_Freak_The_23rd
Wendell
Wendell

Have thanks: 5 time
Highscores: 11

Postby GigaMetroid99 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:48 pm

That was awesome! Definitely a tough act to follow. Which I now must do! I should probably read the ending to the second fan-fic before I start work on my chapter. See you in a few weeks! *goes to read ridiculously long final chapter to the second fan-fic*
Image Image

Image <-- Counterfeit Zapdos Doll

Luigi_Freak_the_23rd wrote:Because Black and White together is Grey right? Educate;

Just like how Red and Blue make Yellow

And how Gold and Silver make Crystal

And how Ruby and Sapphire make Emerald

And how Diamond and Pear make Platinum Educate;
GigaMetroid99
Wendell
Wendell

Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 6

Postby Storm39 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:17 pm

So far, it would seem that escaping the island is going to be a major part of the fan-fic. I'm going to skim over the second fan-fic again, but I think I have an idea for my part.
Storm39
Tingle
Tingle

Highscores: 3

Postby Roboryantron » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:03 pm

AB, you never cease to amaze me, you are a fantastic writer.

But that chapter needs moar Robor :D:
Roboryantron
Treecko
Treecko

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby Chuey » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:43 am

Haven't said anything publicly here yet. Would like to say AB did an awesome job with starting the story, and that Norman had a great second chapter. Expect it minutes! It's got a twist that even fooled me...
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey

Have thanks: 9 time
Highscores: 24

Chapter 2

Postby GigaMetroid99 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:47 am

“Did you hear that?”

“What was it?”

“It sounded like an bomb!”

A group of people stood in the center of what used to be the NSC Town Square. Of course, there was nothing left of it now, but the inhabitants of NSC Island continued to hold discussions there. Whether it was simply out of habit or because recent changes to their lifestyles had been so great that they could not bear any more no one could say. Today's topic was the sudden explosion that seemed to shake the very island itself.

Connor was standing on a makeshift podium, simply a large rock that he had moved to the town square in order to keep himself above the heads of the crowds, attempting to bring the group to order. How could they possibly figure out anything about this mysterious event unless everyone was cooperative? “Okay, everyone, please calm down,” he said, but no one was listening. “Did you hear me? Everyone please! EVERYBODY BE QUIET RIGHT NOW!” The sudden outburst was enough to call everyone to his attention. But now that they were all staring intently on him, perhaps thinking that he knew exactly what that sound was and what they should do about it, he did not know where to begin. “Um, okay. So, that sound. We don't know what it was, right? But we can safely assume that it was caused by one of us. After all, who else is there on the island?”

No one answered, for they knew full well everyone who lived on their island, and there was no way, as far as they knew, that anyone could come to it. “Now, is there anyone who is not here right now?” The crowd fell silent once again, and looked around. There was a long moment where no one spoke.

“AlakazamBrain and Mike,” said Dragon in realization. He had seen them not long before the explosion, after all. Had whatever they were doing had anything to do with it?

Connor sighed. “Why am I not surprised?” AB and Mike were notorious for their experiments and projects. Their tree volcano came to mind immediately. And he would rather not remind himself of the “lobster” incident long ago that had resulted in his banning. “Well,” Connor said, resigning to their inevitable course of action, “let's go to their cabin and see what they're doing over there.” As the members trekked to Cabin Three, which was on the other side of the island, they wondered whether this new project would harm their island further. But as they approached the cabin, they immediately noticed something was wrong. The cabin was not there at all. Had the explosion destroyed the small building, along with its residents?

The members puzzled over this. There did not seem to be any sign that the cabin itself had been blown up. There were no fragments of wood or, thankfully, body parts littering the ground. Jacob, unsure what to think, gazed at the ocean, trying to wrap his mind around the situation. Suddenly, he saw something in the distance. What was it?

“Hey, Connor, take a look at this,” he said, nudging a nearby Connor without looking away from the distant dot, lest he lose track of it forever. “Do you think that's...?”

But Connor had no doubt in his mind what it was. AB had been wishing to escape the island as much as himself, he only wished AB had not kept his escape plans to himself. He did not understand what the explosion had to do with their escape, but he wished that he could have done the same. But perhaps escape was not yet a lost cause, Connor thought. Contact with them was not yet impossible, or so he hoped.

As everyone made their was back to their cabins or to go about their daily business, Connor walked toward The Almost Luxury Cabin, hoping for some privacy. There was a telephone system through NSC that AB had invented, though they were not truly telephones. They were closer to walkie-talkies in function, only able to communicate with other NSC telephones. Of course, in such a small community, they were often forgotten, and most members didn't bother having one at all. He was not sure of their range, but hopefully he would be able to use his to communicate with AB.

As he walked alone along the beach to the shack, he saw an oddity had washed ashore. It was a small boat, only big enough to hold one person. How had it gotten there, he wondered? More importantly, could it take him off of the island? Perhaps if he could just quickly gather some supplies, he could row away from this island and no one would need to know. He quickly moved to the small boat to see if it was seaworthy. Of course not, he thought as he inspected it. There was a large, seemingly freshly made hole in the hull. It had probably hit a rock somewhere nearby. Now that there was no hope of using this boat to escape, Connor's mind was able to focus on another question: Whose boat was this?

Connor decided that he should contact AB while he had the chance, assuming he still did, and could worry about the boat later. So he turned around to start for the shack. But there was someone standing behind him.

Connor was face to face with an NSC member that he hoped he would not see for quite some time. He was a person that Connor was often annoyed with, though sometimes other people seemed to be unable to understand just what annoyed him. He used to be a huge spammer, and while he had gotten better at being a relevant member, saying “used to” was stretching it. He had been permanently banished from the island, which most of the other inhabitants of NSC felt he did not deserve, and while eventually he was allowed to return, he still got on Connor's nerves. He was RM.

“How did you get here?” asked AB, somewhat angrily. He had not had any intention of bringing RM with him.

“Well it wasn't hard,” said RM. “I've been here all day!”

Mike sighed. “We must have forgotten that he was in here the whole time.”

“Okay,” said AB, frustrated by this turn of events. He had only packed enough berries for him and Mike. But it was far too late to turn back, and he did not wish to throw RM overboard. “I guess we have no choice. We'll just have to have smaller rations, I guess.”

“So what are you guys doing, exactly?” asked RM brightly. Being excluded from their discussions, he was ignorant of their plans.

Mike knew that the news would not be taken well by RM. But there was no use beating around the bush. After all, it was already done. “We've escaped from NSC, and we're never going back.”

As Mike had predicted, RM was clearly upset. “Escaped? But I don't want to escape! I liked it there! NSC was my favorite place ever. We have to go back!”

“Well maybe you should have thought of that before staying in our cabin,” Mike replied loudly.

“Calm down, Mike,” said AB, trying to quell the fight before it began, even if he was just as angry at RM as Mike was. A fight would not help their situation in anyway. “What's done is done, RM,” he said, trying and failing to keep his voice level.

“But I can swim back, right?” asked RM. “We're not that far, are we?”

“Well, I hate to break it to you...” said Mike truthfully, pointing at a hole in the back wall that served as a window. The island was now far away, a speck on the horizon.

RM stared forlornly out of the window. He thankfully did not burst into tears at the sight, as Mike had expected. It seemed as if his mind had shut down, unable to process the idea that he would not be returning to the island he loved. There was a long silence, broken only by the sound of sea water hitting the boat.

Suddenly, a noise made AB and Mike jump, and even jolted RM out of his daze. It was their telephone ringing.

“I wonder who that could be,” said RM.

“I'll give you three guesses,” said AB, reaching for the phone before it could ring again. “Hello?”

“I didn't realize these phones had such a range,” said Mike in surprise. AB nodded but did not reply to him.

“Yes, Connor,” AB said into the phone. “I wondered how long it would take for you to find out what happened... Actually, we have. For a few months, in fact... I'm sorry, but I can't tell you...”

AB was being distracted by RM, who was trying to get close to the phone to talk to Connor. “Hi, Connor!” he cried repeatedly. AB tried to push him away.

“It's hard to explain,” AB continued, still fending off RM, “but I can tell you this: I have determined that a storm is quickly heading to NSC. It is unlikely that the island will remain intact after this storm passes.” Connor's response was so loud that even RM and Mike could hear him clearly.

“HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY KEEP THAT FROM US?!” Connor shouted furiously. AB could understand Connor's anger, but he simply could not know.

“It's... complicated,” AB said lamely. “You just need to get out of there as quickly as you can.” RM was quickly becoming unbearable. “Will you stop that, please?” AB said, sounding quite annoyed.

“Is there someone else with you?” Connor's voice asked through the earpiece.

“Yes,” said AB. “RM tagged along... What?” He covered the mouthpiece and looked at Mike. “Connor says RM is with him.”

“But that doesn't make any sense!” said Mike. “Do you think one of them might be an imposter?”

“Maybe...” said AB thoughtfully, but he couldn't help but remember an incident that had occurred a long time ago, involving clones. He was not sure what other explanation there could be, but he thought it would be best to not jump to conclusions. “Connor, I'm not sure how that's possible. Are you sure he looks like RM? Does he look exactly like him? Blond hair and everything?”

But Connor's voice was quickly fading away. “What... about? … hair?... Oh, I know...” With that, Connor was replaced with static. What did he know? AB looked warily at RM. He certainly seemed to be normal, at least for him. But was it really him? Or worse, was there an imposter of him at NSC? It was too late to turn back, and now all he could do was hope his friends would survive long enough to escape.

“Have you been planning this for a long time?” Connor demanded into his phone. He was talking to AB, hoping to find out how he had managed to escape and, more importantly, why he didn't divulge his plan to the rest of them. “Well, why haven't you told anyone? We could have all escaped the island!” RM was standing next to him, looking bored and sighing annoyingly. Connor almost wished he would go do something to entertain himself, just so he could be somewhere else, but he knew full well what RM did when he did whatever he pleased. “What? WHY?!” Connor's outburst had startled RM. There was a pause as AB said something to him. “HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY KEEP THAT FROM US?!” Connor shouted angrily.

“What did he say?” asked RM. He could not possibly imagine what could make Connor so furious.

“He said that... he said... there's a storm...” said Connor both unable to grasp his mind around the idea and distracted by a familiar voice coming from the phone that kept saying “Hi, Connor!” over and over.

“Will you stop that, please?” said AB's voice, sounding more annoyed than Connor had heard it in quite some time.

“Is there someone else with you?” he asked. “RM's there? But he's right here with me!”

RM looked at Connor in surprise. “He said I'm with them? But how?”

“I don't know...” said Connor. He could hear Mike say something in the background, and AB say something in response. Finally, AB said something back to Connor.

“Connor, I'm not sure how... possible. Are you sure... like RM? Does he look... him? Blond hair and...?” AB's voice was starting to fade away, and it was clear that he was beginning to fall outside of the phone's range.

“What are you talking about?” asked Connor. “What do you mean blond hair? I don't get...” Connor looked at RM in realization. “Oh, I know what you mean now! AB, are you there? AB?” But the connection was gone.

“What do you think?” asked RM. “Is the RM with AB an imposter or something?”

“No, no, no,” said Connor, laughing. How could he have have forgotten about RayquazaMaster? He hadn't been at the meeting either. “It was RayquazaMaster who stowed away with them. Well, since you're here, you need to help us escape.”

“But I just got here!” exclaimed RM.

“Well, this is important,” snapped Connor. “AB said there was a storm coming. A big storm. He said it will probably destroy the island. We need to escape as soon as we can. We have to tell the others.”

“Why didn't he tell you that before he left?” asked RM incredulously.

“I don't know, but that isn't important right now. We need to come up with a plan. Let's go.” He walked quickly back toward the town square, calling to the other members. “Everyone, meeting at the town square!” Norman, Robor, and Sean were the only people nearby.

“What's wrong?” asked Sean. “We just had a meeting!”

“We need another,” said Connor, getting up onto the rock. “Go get everyone. We need everyone here.”

But all three of them were staring RM, who was standing next to Connor. There was no possibility that it could be him, was there?

“It's... you!” cried Norman.

“Yeah, it's me,” said RM. “RileyoMan9.”
Image Image

Image <-- Counterfeit Zapdos Doll

Luigi_Freak_the_23rd wrote:Because Black and White together is Grey right? Educate;

Just like how Red and Blue make Yellow

And how Gold and Silver make Crystal

And how Ruby and Sapphire make Emerald

And how Diamond and Pear make Platinum Educate;
GigaMetroid99
Wendell
Wendell

Highscores: 6

Postby AlakazamBrain » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:10 pm

That was absolutely wonderful Giga! You did a great job showing the two perspectives of the conversation. That really was great! I really enjoyed reading that.
Chuey wrote:I know you enjoy screwing with me. >_>

AlakazamBrain
Jack
Jack

Have thanks: 4 time
Highscores: 22

Next

Return to Legendary Library