Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

The Suggestions Center

Whether it's about the forum, your computer, or anything else, stop here for help!

Suggestion: Sig Policy

Postby Vakama3 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:55 am

I really think it would be a good idea to set up sig limits. It gets pretty annonying when you are scrolling through a thread that has every other page as a sig. A good limit (IMO) would be 500X500. Still big, but not screen stretching big.
Image Image
Image
User avatar
Vakama3
Space Pirate
Space Pirate
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:44 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 1 time

Re: Suggestion: Sig Policy

Postby GigaMetroid99 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:50 am

This would probably fit better in the Suggestions Thread. NS;) I'll move it.

And yeah, that is quite true. *looks at RayquazaMaster, Luigi_Freak, and others* :D:
Image
Image Image
Image

Image <-- Counterfeit Zapdos Doll

Luigi_Freak_the_23rd wrote:Because Black and White together is Grey right? Educate;

Just like how Red and Blue make Yellow

And how Gold and Silver make Crystal

And how Ruby and Sapphire make Emerald

And how Diamond and Pear make Platinum Educate;
User avatar
GigaMetroid99
Wendell
Wendell
 
Posts: 4658
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:04 pm
Location: *points both left and right* That way.
Has thanked: 110 time
Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 6

Re: The Suggestions Center

Postby Ch40sD3m0n » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:23 am

A got quite a few suggestions..a few from other boards:

1. Updated Daily.
~ Update the fourm daily with new material.
-- Bulletin Board
-- Calander

2. Fourm Events
~ Fourm Events like:
-- Games
-- Trivia
-- Contests.
Ch40sD3m0n
 

Re: The Suggestions Center

Postby Darkbuster13 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:49 pm

What we need?
WHAT WE NEED?!?!?


A *face-palm* smiley. :D:
"Those are some nice BOWLING SHOES." -President Obama

"La risa que procede de leve causa es tontería."
Image
User avatar
Darkbuster13
Tingle
Tingle
 
Posts: 4100
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:28 pm
Location: Almost Heaven
Has thanked: 3 time
Have thanks: 6 time
Highscores: 24

Re: The Suggestions Center

Postby AlakazamBrain » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:25 am

This is really just regarding the entire NSC points system and the large amount of contests.

The NSC points system is great in concept, but maybe you could explain the logic behind why some competition get, say, 3 points, and others get, say, 5. There is a bit of a difference there, and the points do not go along with difficulty of the actual task at hand.

For example, the two video competitions give 3 points, yet are undoubtably the most difficult to make and win. Yet, the coolest brawl snapshot contest is not exactly difficult in task, and rewards 5 points.

Maybe make the NSC points represent how difficult a task is rather than the haphazard way it seems to be under right now. There is no way you can argue making an amazing captain falcon video is easier than taking a brawl snapshot...
Image
Image
Chuey wrote:I know you enjoy screwing with me. >_>

Image
User avatar
AlakazamBrain
Jack
Jack
 
Posts: 3270
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:28 pm
Location: Where the river narrows
Has thanked: 6 time
Have thanks: 4 time
Highscores: 22

Re: The Suggestions Center

Postby Chuey » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:50 pm

AlakazamBrain wrote:This is really just regarding the entire NSC points system and the large amount of contests.

The NSC points system is great in concept, but maybe you could explain the logic behind why some competition get, say, 3 points, and others get, say, 5. There is a bit of a difference there, and the points do not go along with difficulty of the actual task at hand.

For example, the two video competitions give 3 points, yet are undoubtably the most difficult to make and win. Yet, the coolest brawl snapshot contest is not exactly difficult in task, and rewards 5 points.

Maybe make the NSC points represent how difficult a task is rather than the haphazard way it seems to be under right now. There is no way you can argue making an amazing captain falcon video is easier than taking a brawl snapshot...

The NSC Points are handed out with a very specific standard in mind. Tournaments always hand out 5 points due to their substantial effort-requiring rounds and matches, while others that won't receive as much attention may receive smaller amount of points. Pure judgement is also used. And as you can see, several contests besides the tournaments have received little attention. See my point?
Image
User avatar
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey
 
Posts: 20654
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:13 pm
Location: New York City or Western MA
Has thanked: 3 time
Have thanks: 9 time
Highscores: 24

Re: The Suggestions Center

Postby AlakazamBrain » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:54 pm

Chuey wrote:
AlakazamBrain wrote:This is really just regarding the entire NSC points system and the large amount of contests.

The NSC points system is great in concept, but maybe you could explain the logic behind why some competition get, say, 3 points, and others get, say, 5. There is a bit of a difference there, and the points do not go along with difficulty of the actual task at hand.

For example, the two video competitions give 3 points, yet are undoubtably the most difficult to make and win. Yet, the coolest brawl snapshot contest is not exactly difficult in task, and rewards 5 points.

Maybe make the NSC points represent how difficult a task is rather than the haphazard way it seems to be under right now. There is no way you can argue making an amazing captain falcon video is easier than taking a brawl snapshot...

The NSC Points are handed out with a very specific standard in mind. Tournaments always hand out 5 points due to their substantial effort-requiring rounds and matches, while others that won't receive as much attention may receive smaller amount of points. Pure judgement is also used. And as you can see, several contests besides the tournaments have received little attention. See my point?

I disagree Chuey. obj!

Tournaments require very little effort whatsoever. Yes, you have to show up and win, but it is almost part of a "fun factor".

What really bugs me is the video contests. Personally, I'd love to enter, but why would I bother spending several hours trying to get 3 points when I could take a brawl screenshot and get 5 points. Maybe if there was more substantial effort for difficult tasks like video making there would be more interest in making them.
Image
Image
Chuey wrote:I know you enjoy screwing with me. >_>

Image
User avatar
AlakazamBrain
Jack
Jack
 
Posts: 3270
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:28 pm
Location: Where the river narrows
Has thanked: 6 time
Have thanks: 4 time
Highscores: 22

Re: The Suggestions Center

Postby Chuey » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:21 pm

AlakazamBrain wrote:
Chuey wrote:
AlakazamBrain wrote:This is really just regarding the entire NSC points system and the large amount of contests.

The NSC points system is great in concept, but maybe you could explain the logic behind why some competition get, say, 3 points, and others get, say, 5. There is a bit of a difference there, and the points do not go along with difficulty of the actual task at hand.

For example, the two video competitions give 3 points, yet are undoubtably the most difficult to make and win. Yet, the coolest brawl snapshot contest is not exactly difficult in task, and rewards 5 points.

Maybe make the NSC points represent how difficult a task is rather than the haphazard way it seems to be under right now. There is no way you can argue making an amazing captain falcon video is easier than taking a brawl snapshot...

The NSC Points are handed out with a very specific standard in mind. Tournaments always hand out 5 points due to their substantial effort-requiring rounds and matches, while others that won't receive as much attention may receive smaller amount of points. Pure judgement is also used. And as you can see, several contests besides the tournaments have received little attention. See my point?

I disagree Chuey. obj!

Tournaments require very little effort whatsoever. Yes, you have to show up and win, but it is almost part of a "fun factor".

What really bugs me is the video contests. Personally, I'd love to enter, but why would I bother spending several hours trying to get 3 points when I could take a brawl screenshot and get 5 points. Maybe if there was more substantial effort for difficult tasks like video making there would be more interest in making them.

When it comes to brawl with some people on here, it's not always fun and games if it's a serious match. Trust me on this. Mario Kart should be pretty interesting based on how many people have signed up and the fact snaking isn't really possible... but another thing with point assigning deals with the prizes. If there is a 5 point reward for everything, it will be too easy to get the farther-off prizes that should have many points stocked up on to earn it. I suppose I could reconsider a few things with assigning points, but if there is only one real concern, it doesn't seem to have affected many people's thoughts to enter. This is also BRAND new, so I really think it's a little unjust to complain when little to no time has been given to this new feature to have a chance.
Image
User avatar
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey
 
Posts: 20654
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:13 pm
Location: New York City or Western MA
Has thanked: 3 time
Have thanks: 9 time
Highscores: 24

Re: The Suggestions Center

Postby AlakazamBrain » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:12 pm

Chuey wrote:
AlakazamBrain wrote:
Chuey wrote:
AlakazamBrain wrote:This is really just regarding the entire NSC points system and the large amount of contests.

The NSC points system is great in concept, but maybe you could explain the logic behind why some competition get, say, 3 points, and others get, say, 5. There is a bit of a difference there, and the points do not go along with difficulty of the actual task at hand.

For example, the two video competitions give 3 points, yet are undoubtably the most difficult to make and win. Yet, the coolest brawl snapshot contest is not exactly difficult in task, and rewards 5 points.

Maybe make the NSC points represent how difficult a task is rather than the haphazard way it seems to be under right now. There is no way you can argue making an amazing captain falcon video is easier than taking a brawl snapshot...

The NSC Points are handed out with a very specific standard in mind. Tournaments always hand out 5 points due to their substantial effort-requiring rounds and matches, while others that won't receive as much attention may receive smaller amount of points. Pure judgement is also used. And as you can see, several contests besides the tournaments have received little attention. See my point?

I disagree Chuey. obj!

Tournaments require very little effort whatsoever. Yes, you have to show up and win, but it is almost part of a "fun factor".

What really bugs me is the video contests. Personally, I'd love to enter, but why would I bother spending several hours trying to get 3 points when I could take a brawl screenshot and get 5 points. Maybe if there was more substantial effort for difficult tasks like video making there would be more interest in making them.

When it comes to brawl with some people on here, it's not always fun and games if it's a serious match. Trust me on this. Mario Kart should be pretty interesting based on how many people have signed up and the fact snaking isn't really possible... but another thing with point assigning deals with the prizes. If there is a 5 point reward for everything, it will be too easy to get the farther-off prizes that should have many points stocked up on to earn it. I suppose I could reconsider a few things with assigning points, but if there is only one real concern, it doesn't seem to have affected many people's thoughts to enter. This is also BRAND new, so I really think it's a little unjust to complain when little to no time has been given to this new feature to have a chance.

I'm giving suggestions Chuey... that is after all in the name of this topic.

I'm not saying 5 points has to be awarded to everything, but things that should get, say, 3 points, are like "create the coolest mii". It is very simple, does not really give a lot of emphasis to NSC on the "Internet stage", and requires very little effort from someone. I would agree though, 5 points for a brawl tournament. I think the NSC video though should be 5 points, the CF video 4 points, and the rest seem about right for now...
Image
Image
Chuey wrote:I know you enjoy screwing with me. >_>

Image
User avatar
AlakazamBrain
Jack
Jack
 
Posts: 3270
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:28 pm
Location: Where the river narrows
Has thanked: 6 time
Have thanks: 4 time
Highscores: 22

Re: The Suggestions Center

Postby GigaMetroid99 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:13 am

There is both a question and a suggestion, but it's mostly the suggestion, so I'll post it here.

First of all, is there a way to independently change the amount of posts per page in a thread, like there was on NSider? I have been looking, and I can't seem to find the setting, if there is one. If not, then I propose this:

I think the number of posts per page should be reduced from 50 to 10. Why? Several reasons. When there are nearly 50 posts on a page, or even 30 or so, pages can take forever to load up to unread posts, which really be a pain. Maybe this is only a problem for me. Also, I thought maybe it would help make the forum look more active, even if it really isn't. I don't know about you, but one of the first things I notice when I see a thread is how many pages it has, before post count. If there are a lot of pages, then I will think the thread is active. Look at Star's Mafia game thread. If I were a new user here, I would look at the thread, see it only has two pages, and deem it inactive. Of course, we all know that is anything but true, seeing as it had 67 posts. But if, as a new user, I looked at the same thread, and saw it had 6 pages, even if it had the same post count, I would be more interested, because it looked more active. It might even make new users post more. Even if there is a way to change it independently, it'll be easier for new users who may not know about it (or moderators who may not know about it :D: ) Even if not, it'll at least shorten loading times to a bearable level.
Image
Image Image
Image

Image <-- Counterfeit Zapdos Doll

Luigi_Freak_the_23rd wrote:Because Black and White together is Grey right? Educate;

Just like how Red and Blue make Yellow

And how Gold and Silver make Crystal

And how Ruby and Sapphire make Emerald

And how Diamond and Pear make Platinum Educate;
User avatar
GigaMetroid99
Wendell
Wendell
 
Posts: 4658
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:04 pm
Location: *points both left and right* That way.
Has thanked: 110 time
Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 6

PreviousNext

Return to The Support Center

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron
suspicion-preferred