Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

Video Game COMPLETING Thread FOREVER!!

There are many superb games that are not made by Nintendo. Share your experiences with them here!

Re: Video Game COMPLETING Thread 2015!!

Postby Chuey » Fri May 01, 2015 3:08 am

I beat Alpha Sapphire a few weeks ago, but I never got around to posting about it here on NSC. I believe I made many posts on Skype around the time of beating the E4. I've done several days of not playing a few times since then because of my school schedule, but I'm definitely re-immersed into Pokémon and I really like it again. I won't be able to work on either dex until I start importing stuff this summer, but I am working on other areas of completion. The main Hoenn overworld DexNav is done and some of the mirage spots are done. I lack five TMs, four from mirage spots (35/74/84/90/95). The mega stones I don't have yet are for Altaria, Diancie, Lucario, and Garchomp. My current dexes are 122/191 and 205/324.

I also beat X a few weeks ago prior to buying Alpa Sapphire in the beginning of April. I had it for years and took forever to get back into it. I plan on returning to it soon to do more Pokédex work. I bought a subscription for Pokémon Bank and my goal is to get all 721 PKMN uploaded into the Bank that can be viewed in numerical order.
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey

Have thanks: 9 time
Highscores: 24

Postby JBDCool » Fri May 15, 2015 2:45 am

Chuey wrote:I beat Alpha Sapphire a few weeks ago, but I never got around to posting about it here on NSC. I believe I made many posts on Skype around the time of beating the E4. I've done several days of not playing a few times since then because of my school schedule, but I'm definitely re-immersed into Pokémon and I really like it again. I won't be able to work on either dex until I start importing stuff this summer, but I am working on other areas of completion. The main Hoenn overworld DexNav is done and some of the mirage spots are done. I lack five TMs, four from mirage spots (35/74/84/90/95). The mega stones I don't have yet are for Altaria, Diancie, Lucario, and Garchomp. My current dexes are 122/191 and 205/324.

I also beat X a few weeks ago prior to buying Alpa Sapphire in the beginning of April. I had it for years and took forever to get back into it. I plan on returning to it soon to do more Pokédex work. I bought a subscription for Pokémon Bank and my goal is to get all 721 PKMN uploaded into the Bank that can be viewed in numerical order.
I've been working on my Dex between my three versions, I dont have any gen 5 games so I had to start from scratch. I'm up to about 651 as of today. I have 16 mire I have to binge evolve, I hope to have that done tomorrow. Then I have three that have one or two levels to go and two that need just a couple levels but evolve under special conditions. Then I've got three friendship evos, the evolutions of Porygon for which I've got to get the items through the Battle Maison, and I'm debating over whether I should train an excellent Jigglypuff to evolve into Wigglytuff or just pick one and get it over with because Wiggly is just not that great. Then I have four legendaries I have to hunt down and I'll be down to 26. At that point Im gonna get Alpha Sapphire because I want to save my remaining legendaries to get good copies in OR and in AS I can just capture whatever since I plan to reset anyways. I just gotta go back for Dialga to OR since I need the three sprites to get him. Oh and Im also waiting for AS to get the other two gen 5 starters.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JBDCool
Purple Pikmin
Purple Pikmin

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby Darkbuster13 » Wed May 20, 2015 1:38 am

So it's May and I just remembered that this thread exists holy crap I don't think I've beaten a single game all year so far. I blame Monster Hunter 4 but I guess I'm only 1 quest away from beating the single player portion of the game so maybe I'll try that and come back later. That might take a while though because that last quest is freaking hard.

Until then I know at least one other person here who might have beaten it already so maybe he'll say words about it.

Also the next time I have access to a computer I'll update the first two posts I guess, yeah that's probably an ok idea.
"Those are some nice BOWLING SHOES." -President Obama

"La risa que procede de leve causa es tontería."
Darkbuster13
Tingle
Tingle

Have thanks: 6 time

Postby Darkbuster13 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:28 am

Why is it I only remember to check this thread when it's like super late/early in the night/morning when I'm on my phone? I really actually want to spruce this thread up because I like the idea of this thread a lot.

Anyway, I beat my first game of 2015 and it only took half of the year to do it! Anyway, I beat Splatoon's single player campaign and it was kinda short but pretty fun. Mechanically it does a lot of cool things with level design and a few of the boss fights are pretty cool (not really the last one though). It's pretty short an I finished it in like 4 hours or so. I'm not gonna give it a score because scores are dumb but I'd give it a "I thought it was cool/10".
"Those are some nice BOWLING SHOES." -President Obama

"La risa que procede de leve causa es tontería."
Darkbuster13
Tingle
Tingle

Postby JBDCool » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:54 am

I beat Alpha Sapphire on Tuesday, only had it about two weeks. I know I technically already beat it since I already did Omega Ruby and I certainly beat the original Sapphire enough times, but hey its a different game physically.

Now I'm working on my Pokedex, I had 678 before starting AS now I have 11 of the other 30 that are obtainable between the four games.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JBDCool
Purple Pikmin
Purple Pikmin

Postby Calico_Lover » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:41 pm

Melia: The Tragedy (Xenoblade Chronicles 3D)
Coolio game. Have played the original but now I have experienced the game in THREE DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. 8/10 needs more emotional turmoil for Melia.

Mothe- I mean Earthbound Beginnings
All the strange that is Earthbound with all of the difficulty that comes with NES games! If you've played Earthbound then you pretty much know what to expect. Unlike Earthbound and Mother 3, though, this game doesn't have a rolling HP bar for battles. So, enemies of similar strength between the games are far more likely to make you deaderino here. In fact, don't even bother fighting most battles in the last area of the game. Almost EVERYTHING makes you have the dead there. Beware the bear. Bearware it. This game gets a 'Pippi is the best party member'/10
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Calico_Lover
Administrator
Administrator

Highscores: 26

Postby JBDCool » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:31 pm

I have completed New Super Mario Bros. 2.

Not a bad game. Not the greatest. It was fun. Not terribly challenging. Kept me entertained and served its purpose as a break between big games.

Now its onto A Link Between Worlds. Boy its fun. And I havent even done the second dungeon yet.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JBDCool
Purple Pikmin
Purple Pikmin

Postby JBDCool » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:22 pm

Beat A Link Between Worlds.

Not a bad game. It was very fun. I liked being able to go most anywhere I wanted once I got access to renting all the items.

The sidequests were dumbed down compared to other recent entries, which was both a positive and a negative. I found Spirit Tracks seemed kinda drawn out because of all the sidequests that required traveling on the train. However, this game seemed quite short in comparison.

This game also was a little too easy. Perhaps thats from me completing all sidequests and stuff but I only died twice, once from messing around in the volcano and then on my first Treacherous Tower Advanced attempt. Lost on the very last floor with probably one hit left to go. Went back with the Red Mail and easily beat it the two nesicary times. Mind you I cut it close in Skull Woods. And I tried hero mode and that starts out real bad when you have three hearts and enemies take two in one hit.

I liked how it tied both LTTP and OOT into the game. Its link to the first is well known but it was cool they used the sacred realm for the sages. And the were OOT easter eggs, like the swamp palace was clearly based on the Water Temple with its hookshot based puzzles and water level switches and even being the place to get the blue mail which looks like the blue tunic. And the final boss hearkened back to OOT as well.

In conclusion, its a good game, but I've played better Zeldas. It has taken my much debated over tenth place spot in my top ten Zeldas over LTTP and Links Awakening which I couldnt determine which I liked more.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JBDCool
Purple Pikmin
Purple Pikmin

Postby Calico_Lover » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:49 pm

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
It's like Superstar Saga, but with babies! Also slightly fewer beans. I give it a Image/10
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Calico_Lover
Administrator
Administrator

Highscores: 26

Postby Star125 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:55 pm

Calico_Lover wrote:Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
It's like Superstar Saga, but with babies! Also slightly fewer beans. I give it a Image/10

I never could beat that game. I used up all my items on the Princess Shroob fight so I couldn't beat the final boss. Freaking boss battles took forever in that game. D=<

Spoiler:

(5th gen Pokemon)
Star125
Skulltula
Skulltula

Highscores: 38

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Nintendo Discussion