Welcome
Hey guys, welcome to the NSider Community, a Nintendo gaming forum! Our most popular discussions are Pokémon, Super Smash Brothers, and free discussion at our Restaurant. But don't be deceived; you will not get your food! I hope you join in our discussions today here at NSC.

Well, this isn't good...

Whether it's about the forum, your computer, or anything else, stop here for help!

Well, this isn't good...

Postby GigaMetroid99 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:18 pm

Okay, so my computer is experiencing a problem. When I turn it on, it says there was an error, and asks if I want to go into Safe Mode or start normally. I'm not sure if it's the Blue Screen of Death or not, but when it starts normally, a blue screen does come up. However, it only stays there for a fraction of a second, so I can't read what it says. In comparison to a picture I found online, though, it doesn't seem to say the same thing as a regular Blue Screen of Death. When I tell it to use Safe Mode, it just resets without showing a blue screen. Is there a way I can fix this? If not, can I keep my files somehow before getting a new computer? If this is going to be a permanent or long term problem, I'll have to go buy a USB keyboard for my Wii, because typing like this is a pain.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot the Tech Board was moved to the top of the Index. I was looking in its old place and thought Chuey deleted it.
Image Image

Image <-- Counterfeit Zapdos Doll

Luigi_Freak_the_23rd wrote:Because Black and White together is Grey right? Educate;

Just like how Red and Blue make Yellow

And how Gold and Silver make Crystal

And how Ruby and Sapphire make Emerald

And how Diamond and Pear make Platinum Educate;
GigaMetroid99
Wendell
Wendell

Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 6

Re: Well, this isn't good...

Postby Chuey » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:35 pm

I've never heard of this. I wish I was more professional with computers. Not all blue screens say the same thing. I wish you could read what it said though, otherwise it's hard to figure out what the issue is. The only suggestion I can think up for saving your files is taking your hard drive to a professional to extract the files and put them on a removable drive (Unless your hard drive is dead, which could be figured out through the blue screen message; I'd recognize it if it were the same error. But then again, my computer didn't face such odd restart issues). But this sounds like some sort of major issue with your hard drive or registry, because nothing else could produce something like this. If you could get into BIOS you could try seeing what your Boot Settings are, but I think your options are slim. The best you can do with your files is probably the aforementioned suggestion and if you plan on using that computer to keep going you might need a new hard drive and to reinstall your operating system. Then again, I don't really know all that much. You might need a brand new computer if something happened to the data sheets inside your tower, not sure.
Chuey
428 and Chuey
428 and Chuey

Have thanks: 9 time
Highscores: 24

Re: Well, this isn't good...

Postby GigaMetroid99 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:10 am

Well, my computer was pretty sucky anyway. I could probably have my friend help me with extracting the files. He's about as good as any professional.
Image Image

Image <-- Counterfeit Zapdos Doll

Luigi_Freak_the_23rd wrote:Because Black and White together is Grey right? Educate;

Just like how Red and Blue make Yellow

And how Gold and Silver make Crystal

And how Ruby and Sapphire make Emerald

And how Diamond and Pear make Platinum Educate;
GigaMetroid99
Wendell
Wendell

Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 6

Return to The Support Center